introduction

╔════════════════╗

BORROWED PASSION

╚════════════════╝

TELL ME,

WHAT IS IT LIKE TO LOVE SOMETHING 

SO IRREVOCABLY; SO WHOLEHEARTEDLY?

PICTURE THIS;

SNAPSHOT 1— Asphalt crunching beneath rattling tires, the wind howling with glee as you careen down the hill, going faster, faster, faster. Adrenaline courses through your veins, a temporary replacement of the gaping hole in your chest, and there is just you and the stars above and the ground below as your surroundings become little more than a smear of dark colors flashing by. Youth boils in your veins and your soul sings and you feel unstoppable as you spread out your arms; girl-atlas no more, you no longer carry the world for the world carries you.

SNAPSHOT 2— Falling and flying feel the same, your stomach bottoming out as your feet leave the ground, a split second where you become weightless as gravity loosens its grip on you before tugging you down with a vengeance. Sometimes you become a hurling meteorite and crash in a pile of limbs and scattered laughter, gravel digging into your palms as blood blooms softly beneath. Other times you become a samara twirling down from the highest branch of a maple tree, landing on sure feet with a sense of satisfaction coating every movement, a grin threatening to tear your face in two. You may not have wings, may not be able to fly, but you'll be damned if you don't try your hardest to get close.