Chapter 2

Fire erupted the town. Make shift bombs and canon balls flying through the air. Chaos around every corner. And bodies, lots of dead bodies. Many lives lost at the hand of your own sword.

You ripped your sword out of the soldier you had just killed and continued running through the town merely dodging stray fists and gun shots. It was easy to tell that your crew was at an advantage. Yet, you weren't exactly sure as to why you were here. Captain Barbossa apparently didn't trust you with that information. All you knew was that he was looking for something or more so someone with the last name Turner. For what, you didn't know.
Placing your hand over your chest, you made sure you still had the journal with you, it was the only thing of your fathers you had. All it contained were random scribbles of what looked to be maps.

Your thoughts were interrupted as a soldier rushed at you, gun pointed at you. Dodging quickly, you escaped the first shot. Instead it hit another solider behind you.
"Sorry." You murmured to the dying man.

You used the ground to your advantage, swiping your leg out in a counterclockwise motion, ultimately sending the soldier to the ground. You shot up quickly, driving your sword into the mans chest.

As you stood up straight again, your attention was caught by a man further ahead. You stood still amongst the rapid bloodshed and canon fires as you watched. The man, a civilian like the others but far more skilled, cut down every pirate in his way. You couldn't help but have some admiration for him as he skillfully moved his body and sword, his dark hair shifting with every strike. He quickly moved, just in time as one of your crew was smashed into a shop. When the man stood up straight his deep eyes locked with yours.

Instantly, you broke out of your trance, reestablishing your grip on your sword you marched towards him as he mirrored your movements. The first blow came and you easily blocked it. Another series of hits.
Parry, strike, parry, strike.

Your swords clashed together harshly, the metal forming a perfect X. You took the standstill opportunity to truly look at him. His jawline was sharp, covered with a bit of facial hair, his stance strong. He was well trained. Yet, you'd never heard of this man.

"You're good." You quipped, with a slight smile as you pushed your sword harder against his.

"The best." He replied quickly and outstrengthed you. You dived forward and rolled on the ground merely avoiding what would've been a fatal blow.

"Funny, I thought I was." You grinned, gaining an advantage as you delivered a series of blows, cornering him against a large pillar.

The swordsman's brow furrowed with anger and focus. "Who are you?" He spat, then he pushed his leg behind yours and pulled forward. You landed in the dirt with a thud. As he started walking away from you, you reached out your hand.

"Names Y/N." You grabbed his leg, pulling him to the ground. You pushed yourself up and began running. But he was quick on your tail. Ducking behind a nearby pillar, you waited. When you no longer heard his footsteps you shifted to one side of the pillar, extending your sword just in time to collide with his. You shifted to the other side and the pair of you repeated the action. You thrashed your leg at him, kicking him in the gut, his sword falling in the dirt.

Acting quickly, you threw another strike with your sword but he ducked in time. You huffed in frustration and before you could make another strike, he grabbed your wrist, spun you around and pulled your back against his chest, your own sword now pressed against your neck.
"Surrender." He growled in your ear. You tried to ignore the feeling of his chest pressed against your back or the feeling of his hand over yours.

Ignoring the flush which spread across your cheeks, you shifted in his arms, enough to reach your free hand down and grab the dagger previously tucked in your boot. You elbowed him, he was strong enough to keep his hold on you but, the movement allowed you to reach you arm behind you to press the dagger against his neck. It was another standstill, both of you waiting with each others lives at the stake.
"You first." You ordered.

A shatter echoed through your ears and suddenly you were released.
"I admit, I didn't think you would listen." Laughing you turned to face him but your smile faded when you saw him on the ground, shards of a glass bottle next to him. Before you could make a run for it, another bottle came smashing down on your head and everything faded to blackness.