An Unlikely Friendship

"Did you sleep out here?" Layo's voice woke him.

"Layo," Wyatt said sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

The sun was directly above them now.

Wyatt let out a yawn. "Where are our parents?"

Layo shrugged. "I don't know."

Wyatt looked at him annoyed and confused. "What do you mean you don't know?"

Layo shrugged again. "I haven't seen them."

"Have you looked?"

"No."

Wyatt rolled his eyes. A servant stopped in the doorway. "Ah, King Wyatt. I have filled your bath in your room for whenever you are ready."

"Have you seen the General?" Wyatt asked.

"The General is in his chamber and has requested to be left alone," the servant replied.

"Is my mother with him?"

The servant looked confused. "Um, I beg your pardon, your grace?"

"Nevermind, thank you."

The servant nodded still looking uneasy and walked away. Wyatt got to his feet and headed to his room to get ready for the day. Once he was fully dressed, he stepped out and was greeted with excitement from all around. He pushed through the frantic, yet excited servants. Layo was talking to a few guards pointing around the castle. Wyatt walked over.

"What's going on?" Wyatt asked him.

Layo grinned. "I guess your mom decided she wanted to stay."

"Father convinced her?" Wyatt asked with excitement.

"It seems so," Layo said motioning down the hall.

Wyatt turned and saw Roy in full armor with his headband around his forehead talking to a group of knights. His hair fell in a messy fashion that just seemed to work for him. Anya was on his arm wearing a palace gown. Wyatt stared at Roy in awe. He hadn't seen him in his full dress before. He looked younger and more alive. There was also something different about him. His smile. Wyatt had only seen that lopsided grin on his brother. It was very obvious where he got it from now. Layo really was the spitting image of Roy.

Roy and Anya walked over to where Wyatt and Layo were standing. Anya hugged Wyatt and kissed him on the cheek. "You're going to have to get used to me doing that."

Wyatt grinned. "I think I can do that."

Roy turned to Layo. "Did you take care of the guards?"

Layo nodded. "I think it's just about time now that Wyatt's here."

"Time for what?" Wyatt wondered.

"The kingdom needs to be reintroduced to your mom so we're going to the North Balcony to do that."

Layo stepped over to Anya and held an arm out. "May I escort you, my queen?"

Anya smirked and shot Roy a grin. Roy shook his head as he playfully rolled his eyes. He patted Wyatt on the shoulder and they followed Layo and Anya down the hall. The four stepped out on to the balcony as the citizens roared with excitement from below. Roy and Wyatt addressed them and gave small, impromptu speeches. Anya said her greeting and they headed off the balcony. Wyatt held an arm out to his mother and was leading her to the Royal Dining Hall but stopped abruptly as he almost ran directly into a man that stepped out of the shadows.

Every guard in the vicinity drew their swords and converged. Wyatt immediately held up his hand to stop them. "It's alright. This is King Aros. He's my guest."

Tale of Two Bloodsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें