Sechs

I sunk deeper into the ice, letting my tense muscles relax. We had just finished a set for some radio show and I was glad to finally be away from all the noise. I wanted nothing more than to let my The 1975 album fill the quiet and be left alone.

"Good show, man. want a drink?" Landric sat on the toilet opposite me already filling two red solo cups with tequila. He sipped from one place the other on the ledge around the tub I was in.

"I'm taking a bath, can you give me a minute of privacy?" I didn't open my eyes, nor reach for the cup as I muttered my response knowing what his intentions were, he wasn't going to leave me alone and he was monitoring my alcohol intake trying not to make it obvious. He'd done this several times before, the months after mom passed, the months after I nearly lost dad, the months after my breakup with Nina, and the months after I got out of county jail. What do all those have in common? After each of these happenings, the thin red scars on my wrist increased in number, and my head was always swimming in Jack Daniels.

"You don't actually plan on staying here slowly freezing to death and calling it Therapy?" He chewed on the inside of his cheek looking unimpressed. "Sammy and I are going to the pier and she says you're coming with us. she would have delivered the news herself but didn't believe you were in trunks." I scoffed thinking about the many times he had convinced the poor Scot I was decent only to have her squeal and hide her flaming face in his chest when she had accidentally seen too much of me.

"Give a girl trust issues." He threw a sock at me before standing to offer me his hand I gave him a hopeless look when I saw he wouldn't let up I took his hand and let him lift me from the bath. He turned to text Samara as I changed into dry boxers and a black button-up with blue jeans.

"Oh come on Cash." He whined following after me, Sam was waiting in the next room dressed in a tight black dress and cowboy boots. Her usually wild hair was pulled into a neat bun stray curls hanging from it, I turned to Landric who was in a grey suit. "Get dressed."

"I'm sorry, I believe I'm being forced to the pier, not one of Leigh-Annas shows." I glared at Landric, hating how he was dragging me along on a date because they didn't have a babysitter. Then the door inched open and a small blonde with a silver dress and red sneakers snuck in. My glare deepened and Landric smiled at me as Samara introduced the girl as "Mouse". I recognized her, she had come up to me as I bounded off stage we had flirted for a while and she seemed sweet. I sighed grabbing my leather jacket, wanting tonight over with. Laying my hand on the small of her back I lead her through the stadium and out into one of our vans. Landric and Samara slid in with us and made small talk while I watched out the window, Mouse nervously fiddling with the end of her skirt her shoulder brushing against mine.

The rides weren't to be opened for another month or so, but we still walked along playing games and winning various treats for the girls. Landric and Samara had stayed behind as Landric failed again and again to win Samara the enormous unicorn she was refusing to walk away from. Mouse managed to pull a light laugh from me when telling me stories about her wild brothers, she kept adding ridiculous details and eventually, I found myself full-on laughing with her. She smiled proudly and took hold of my pinkie leading me to the balloon pop. Not even three minutes passed and I handed her a little grey mouse teddy bear, she giggled hugging it to her chest when her phone rang.

"Sorry, it's my mom, she's in the hospital and I can't-," I assured her it was alright and she walked off phone to her ear.

"You're not happy." I jumped at the voice to my left, Chandler stepped out of the shadows her shoulder against the game. She was in a leather jacket, black shirt and a black mini skirt with flowing black mesh on the sides and back.

"What the hell are you doing." I looked over my shoulder at the blond speaking on her phone hoping her back stayed turned. Returning my glare to the one next to me I realized I'd missed her somehow. I missed her cruel smirk and the bored look in her eyes and I couldn't figure out why.