Fünfzehn

"Cash!" I looked up to see a red bob pushing through police deputies. I stood to catch her when she jumped on me. "Are you okay? what happened?" I shushed her before she could ask any more questions, her legs were around my waist her face hidden in my neck. I hissed in pain when she readjusted her arms around my shoulders and she dropped to the floor eyes wide.

"Who hurt you. Cash I swear ich werde den ficker tot schlagen." She seethed in German I shook my head pulling her into my chest laying my cheek on top of her head.

"it's okay baby." her arms weaved around me hiding under my jacket, the gentle tapping of her forefinger matched my erratic heartrate.

"Your face looks funny." she murmured into my shirt I chuckled lightly hearing the pout in her voice. "it's not supposed to be blue."

I took her shoulders gently holding her at arm's length I cupped her cheeks and she sighed relaxing into my hold. Ansel and a deputy walked over.

"Due to recent events we'll have to relocate you again and this time with twenty-four-hour police protection. We have you guys in separate safe houses in-"

"They're staying with me." when she spoke all signs of the pout were gone. Chandler now stood taller than before staring down the officer, daring him to contradict her. "I have several apartments available-"

"Ma'am this isn't negotiable Mr.Lloyd, Mr. and Mrs. Crawford and the rest of them are not safe, we thought it was a one-time thing but-"

"My building is owned by Tyson Callaghan, I think they'll be alright." she slid her hands into the front pockets of her skinny jeans. "If you have a problem I can always call him for you."

"That won't be necessary I'll go speak with my superiors." he nodded to Chandler before stepping away.

"You can't do that. Can you?" Ansel looked down at Chandler.

"Top floor of The Funnel is apartments, Tyson has people in them from time to time but they're all free right now."

"Your place would be The Funnel, right?" Chandler nodded at the deputy wrapping her arms around my waist. "We can work with that, we'll still be making hourly check-ins." I snorted not surprised that Tyson had connections somehow.

"Thank you, goodnight." she faked a smile taking my hand and dragging me towards the door ignoring the deputies calling after us saying they weren't finished.

***

Chandler and I stood at the end of the hall facing Megan, Ansel, Landric, Leigh-Anna and Mitch. I hugged her from behind my chin on her head.

"You each have your own personal space, the keys are hanging on the coat racks just inside the door my place is stocked so help yourself and locked doors are not to be touched. That's personal stuff that I don't need anyone poking around in. good?" she gently pushed away from me unlocking her apartment, I stood outside the door debating whether or not I actually wanted to go in. I slowly pushed the door open and as usual, the place was impeccably clean. I stood by the bathroom door, debating if Friday had actually happened.

"Okay, I will order in Chinese you'll take a bath and then we'll sleep sound good?" she waltzed by me already dialling. I fell face-first onto the couch and I swear I would have been happy had Chandler let me sleep, but not even five minutes passed and she poked me telling me to get moving. I groaned lifting myself and following her to the bathroom where she had already filled her clawfoot tub. I slowly stripped down to my boxers only now realizing how stiff and sore I was. Chandler was sitting on the edge of the tub playing with the bubbles in the water. I cleared my throat nodding my head toward the door when she looked up.