Bar Fight

Chapter 2: Bar Fight

Shay’s POV:

After our table read for episode six, I went back to my dressing room to practice my lines. When I was in the middle of reading Ashley storms in my room.

“Ashley, I’m trying to practice my lines.” I say, rolling my eyes at her.

“Sorry but I’m bored. I just finished my scene with Luke and I have nothing to do for the next hour or so.”

“Well, I have to shoot a scene in about five minutes.” I say, moving my eyes back to the script in my hands

“What scene?” Ashley asks, sitting down next to me.

“The one where Emily saves Alison.” I say. Ashley didn’t have to say anything for me to know what she’s thinking and I practically push her off the couch.

“What?” She says defensively.

“You know exactly what.” I say, looking down at the script in my hands.

“Shay Mitchell in studio 6.” An announcement went over the speakers and I rushed off my coach.

“Have fun.” Ashley teases and I glare at her before quickly walking over to studio 6.

Sasha and Marlene are already there with the whole filming crew talking behind the camera.

“Hey Shay!” Sasha says excitedly, her voice always as happily and soothingly.

“Hey.” I say, walking over towards them.

“Okay so we’re starting with the scene where Emily runs in to find Alison being attacked by A.” Marlene says and we take our places. 

When Marlene said action I stand behind the corner, listening to the struggling sounds Sasha was making. I know it’s fake but it still hurts to listen to it.

When it’s time I run in and I grab the man by his shoulders swinging him off Sasha. He pushes me against the bookshelf as planned and I grab a book and swing it down on him, maybe a little to hard.

I fall down on the floor I see Sasha lying next to me, her hand cupping her throat. It feels to real, seeing her there, lying on the floor. I push my emotions aside and force myself to focus on my acting.

“Oh my god, Ali.” I say, crawling over towards her and picking her body up into my arms, rocking her gently. Her soft skin is tingling onto mine and her uneven breaths are sending warm chills up my spine. 

“Shh.” I whisper ever so softly into her ears, I doubt even she heard it. I feel Sasha shift her weight backwards so that she’s leaning in closer towards me, did she do it on purpose? 

“And cut!” Marlene says and the crew gives us a warm applause. I awkwardly remove my arms from Sasha and we stand up, smiling slightly at each other.

“That was great girls!” Marlene says and walks over towards the camera crew.

“What are you doing this afternoon?” Sasha asks me and I feel my body freezing.

“Uh, Ashley and I were going to this bar.” Sasha nods her head understandingly. Should I invite her?

“Do you want to come with us?” I ask her hopingly.

“Sure, call me when you guys are ready.” Sasha waves at me before walking away in the opposite direction.

---

 When work finally ended Ashley and I met up outside, she was waiting for me in her car.

“Are you ready?” Crap. I forgot to tell her about Sasha.