The begining

Tendou pulled the carton of eggs out of the fridge and sat them down on the bench with a sigh. He noted how light they were so there probably was not enough to make himself breakfast if he didnt want a fractured rib by the end of the day. Sure enough only four eggs sat in the carton, two for his parents and none for him. Tendou knew this had happened multiple times before but today it seemed to piss him off more, he had a volleyball match with alba joshi today and it was five sets, it wasn't that he didn't usually play on an empty stomach because that happened more than it probably should but he was just pissed that they were going out to eat after the match if they won and Tendous parents would never give him money to pay for anything that didn't benefit them in the long run and Tendou didn't have a job to pay for his own food. Well no matter, the red head through to himself because if he didn't have breakfast on the table soon his dad would pull the belt out a little too early in the day for Tendous liking. He bent to grab two frying pans from the drawer and turned on two burners, careful to nor make too much noise so the dog wouldn't bark and Tendou would get another beating. Because one day without those was to muc to ask for. While whisking two eggs in a bowl tendou reached over to flick the jug on with his foot. Multitasking was pretty easy for him, you get used to it in a house where nobody does you any favours. The rest of the morning went by easily, he had breakfast on the table when his parents came down and even managed to sneak himself a bit of his father's omelet without him noticing, which was good because toast gets a little boring after eating it for almost 18 years of his life. Just as he gave his parents their morning coffee a honk was heard outside, Semi was here to pick him up. As Tendou didn't have a car and his parents never let him use theirs and he had a massive fear of public transport because of when he was younger Semi and his grandfather offered to take him to games and school. Semi's grandfather, aka the coach of Shiratorizawa was pretty nice when not coaching.

The truck that Tendou and Ushijima helped Semi get at a good price second hand from the Ushijima family was waiting out the front of his house and as always was covered in a thick layer of dirt and mud as Semi had a thing for not driving on the roads. As the red head opened the back door his right hand was covered in dirt. "See you still don't believe in cleaning the car" he laughed as he sat himself in the seat after moving bags and blankets off the seat. Semi laughed, shaking his head as Tendou reached around to wipe the dirt from his fingers on Semi's arm and unsurprisingly getting a small friendly slap in return. This friendly slap made Tendou flinch and th mult-coloured haired boy apologise immediately. Semi wished he hadn't done that and Tendou wished he hadn't flinched. It was a festival of wishing to take back actions because as soon as Tendou flinched his soma he cried out for food, making his coach regret not bringing something for the poor boy to eat. Semi and his grandfather both knew what happened behind the closed curtains of the Tendou house hold but due to the fact that Tendous father was the chief of police in this town the claims would be redeemed attempts to shame his name. The car drove off with the people inside silent.

The volleyball courts were nothing new to tendou and seeing the aqua coloured uniforms weren't either but something about this game seemed so wrong. He couldn't put his finger on it until his little disciple Goshiki pointed out two pale figures in the crowd from where they were warming up. "Tendou isn't that your parents? You're so lucky to have them come and watch you!" He said over the noise of both teams cheer teams battling it out for who was better. The red head frowned, because those were his parents but they never came to watch him or wanted anything to do with their son in the first place. They were probably only here to make sure he didn't fuck up or shame the family name. He tried to put them to the back of his find as he and Goshiki did some warm up passes but two pairs of eyes glaring a whole in the back of his head were extremely hard to ignore.