Chapter 15: The Spell is Broken

Mal was the first one out the door, and the others followed. After all the reunions, Mal informed the guys about what they found, and how they think Audrey might be hiding at Fairy Cottage. Ben then offered that Jane and Lucas go find Fairy Godmother and see if they can get her help. Gil offered to tag along just in case they ran into any trouble, which all the VKs agreed to. With that settled, the three left the others to go find Audrey.

They had searched everywhere for hours, and couldn't find her. By the time they did, night had fallen, and she was turned to stone.

"Oh my gosh." Jane said quietly, approaching the statue. Lucas and Gil decided to give her a moment and think of a Plan B.

"Doesn't she have a wand?" Gil asks. "Maybe we could try to use it."

"That's not exactly how it works." Lucas says. "We'd be lucky to get it right now, and not anyone can use it." That's when a thought occurred to him. "Hey, Jane, you can use the wand, can't you?"

"I can, but I don't exactly have control of it." Jane says. "Remember Ben's coronation? I might do more harm than good."

"So, what can we do, then?" Gil asks.

"There might not be much we can do." Lucas responds. "This might just be a job for the others."

Reluctantly, they sat and waited until they heard a flash of thunder, followed by a roar moments later. They looked up and saw Mal's dragon form fly off, hopefully in pursuit of Audrey. More roars could be heard, then silence. A flash of light followed, and Fairy Godmother was back to normal.

"Bibbidi-bobbidi, what happened?" She asked.

"It was Audrey." Jane says.

"She took the crown and the scepter." Lucas added. "She put a spell on everyone."

He, Jane, and Gil explained everything they knew before meeting up with the others, who told them what happened after they left. The next morning, Uma, Celia, and the pirates went back to the Isle, and Hades was brought in to save Audrey from almost dying in her clash with Mal.

About a week later, it was Ben and Mal's engagement party. Lucas wore another grey suit with his pink dress shirt before meeting up with Evie, who wore a dark blue dress. They joined the rest of their group in chatting before Ben and Mal arrived, and everyone cheered. The two greeted their friends before making their way up to a small balcony-like area.

"Lady Mal and I wanna thank you for celebrating our engagement with us today." Ben says. "I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my Queen. So... raise your glasses. To our future Queen of Auradon."

"To our Queen of Auradon." The crowd responded. Carlos and Jay then asked Mal for a speech in the only way they can, which caused everyone to laugh. A pause followed before Mal finally spoke.

"I can't." She says, "I can't be Queen of Auradon. We made a decision to close the barrier forever. And it was my idea. But it's wrong. I've learned that you can't live in fear... because it doesn't actually protect you from anything. You never know where the bad is gonna come from. And you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates, Auradon would be gone. And without Hades... my father... Audrey would be gone. We are all capable of good and bad, no matter which side of the barrier we come from. And that's why I can't be Queen of just Auradon. I have to be Queen of the Isle, too. And I think it's time that we take the barrier down forever."

"I choose to be a King that moves forward." Ben says, "It's time for forgiveness. It's time for new beginnings. The barrier will come down!"

The crowd started cheering as Evie, Jay, and Carlos joined Mal and Ben as Fairy Godmother handed her wand to Mal.