Jettisoned [Obi-wan x Reader]

Requested by  jediknight5463

You held the lightsaber closely as if you were inspecting it. It was the new saber given to Obi-wan after you had both lost yours the day before. You had a bad habit of getting into fights you couldn't handle, and unfortunately, you managed to rope Obi-wan into them too. It was lucky that you had both made it out unhurt other than a few bruises. You remembered walking into the Jedi temple dripping with mud, and your mentor, Qui-gon, looking at you specifically with disapproval. It wasn't fun explaining to him, that you had lost your lightsabers, but the worst of the scolding was over now. 

 You stood up gave the lightsaber a few good swings, and scrunched up your face. "It's ok," you said and handed it back to Obi-Wan.

"Ok?" he asked in mock disbelief.

You nodded. "Yes, only ok. Not as good as mine, but I'm sure you could make it work."

He laughed, and you smiled as you brought out your new weapon. You turned it on, the blue light illuminating your face.

"We could go a few rounds," you offered. "Find out which blade is best."

Obi-Wan unpowered his lightsaber and stood up. "You know Master Qui-gon said we can't fight each other anymore."

"You're no fun," you huffed as you turned off your lightsaber. "Neither of us got hurt last time."

"We almost did," Obi-wan said.

"You mean you almost did," you smirked. "Besides, how else are we supposed to train." Before he could respond with a logical answer, the door slid open and your mentor walked in.

"I hope you two have learned your lesson," Qui-gon said. "A Jedi without his saber is just a wizard, after all, and we don't have need of wizards."

"We apologize, Master," Obi-wan said for both of you.

"I know you do, Obi-wan," Qui-gon stated. "But you, Y/N, have to speak for yourself."

"I'm sorry, Master," you said. You weren't necessarily sorry for what you had done, but you were sorry for the trouble you'd caused. That was what you apologized for, since Qui-gon, could almost always tell when you were lying.

Qui-gon nodded, satisfied with your apology. "Good. So, from now on, we leave the mudhorns to sleep in their caves, and no padawans get flattened." You were struggling to hide the smile on your face as you and Obi-wan nodded. You remembered you and Obi-wan trudging into the Jedi temple dripping with mud and missing your weapons. Qui-gon had led you both into separate rooms and given you both a lecture.

"It's no wonder we can't find a single Jedi willing to take you in, Y/N," he had said. The words rang out in your head. You would never admit it, but they had hurt. Ever since your mentor had died you had acted differently. You became more reckless. If you thought too much about something, your previous master's voice would echo through your thoughts, and it was too much for you to handle. Qui-gon Jin was an excellent teacher, but he already had Obi-wan to train; so the hunt for a Jedi that would train you was still underway.

"You have a meeting with Master Klyn in one hour, Y/N," Qui-gon said. "He has been looking for an apprentice for a while now. If you behave yourself, that could be you." Obi-wan looked over at you almost sympathetically. You lowered your head so you didn't have to look back.

"Yes, Master," you said.

"Until then, why don't you and Obi-wan make yourselves useful and empty the cargo ship that just docked in flight deck 16," Qui-gon continued. You both nodded and the Jedi left the room.

You turned to Obi-wan. "I'm sorry for dragging you down with me," you apologized. 

"You didn't drag me into anything," he insisted. "I am perfectly capable of making my own decisions."