Quarantine Quenchers 5

Ciao! Welcome back to Quarantine Quenchers: Quarantine friendly activities to quench your stuck-at-home boredom! Here, we upload our staff-approved activities every Wednesday, so get ready for some social distancing fun, from our families to yours! Without further ado, let's get to this week's activity.

***

DIY Stickers - Stickers are all the rage right now (or at least they were... am I out of touch??), and what better way to get some than to make them yourself? 

Here's what you need:

-Packing tape (duck tape brand showed best results)
-Scissors 
-Printer and standard printer paper

Step 1: Find some cute pictures! Then print them onto standard white printer paper. Take into consideration the width of the tape when sizing your images. 

Step 2: Take a piece of tape, press the sticky side onto an image, center the packing tape over it evenly and press. Then cut out the section. Here's a REALLY IMPORTANT part of the image transfer process: burnish the piece using the back of a spoon and make sure to cover all the printed areas. Basically, rub the spoon over the image to get all the air bubbles out from beneath the tape, and to make sure it's sticking properly over the whole picture. The more pressure you can apply to the tape and image the better result you will get!

Step 3: Drop the piece into a bowl of room temp water. Let them soak for at least 5 minutes (Some articles recommend an hour so the paper comes off easier...oops! Spoiler alert!). 

Step 4: Peel off the paper, and cut around the image to give it that "sticker edge" look (if you're into that), or you can leave it square/rectangular if that's what you want to do!

Step 5: Stick that thing on whatever you want (as long as it's yours. TAC isn't here to support vandalism no matter how cute the stickers are)! Put it on your folders, your binder, you water bottle, wherever looks good. Then, send us a picture of the final product for a chance to be featured in a chapter of Quarantine Quenchers!

Here's how you do it: DM us the picture with the caption QQ Pics (so we know it's not an advice request, which is still a thing! See The Advice Column IV for more info). We'll choose from the images sent in, and if yours is chosen, we'll upload your picture and tag you in the next chapter!

Thanks for reading, and we'll see you next week!