Chapter 19

After walking for about thirty minutes, we finally came upon the hidden cars. Upon arrival, one of the four cars wouldn't start up, leaving us with only three vehicles. I still wanted Raven to drive one of the cars. Not only for Gabriel to experience it, but also if we encounter the Academy, he would be able to outmaneuver them.

The three SUVs were started up and the Prime climbed into the cars. I smirked when I saw Gabriel into the last car along with Luke, North, and Silas. Oh, he was going to have an experience that he'd never forget.

I turned towards Corey and Kayli. "Do you want to drive with Raven or with me?"

Corey smiled. "I think I'll ride with you and the doctor. Being shot is enough trauma for me."

Kayli chuckled, looking at me with a knowing look. "I'll drive with Axel. I want to stay alive, you know?"

I smirked as I looked at Marc and Brandon, weighing who would be the better choice. "Brandon, you're with Raven?"

Brandon's eyes widened, and he pointed at himself in disbelief. "Me?"

At my nod, he sulked. We snickered as his pitiful expression. Axel looked at me. "We ready?"

I nodded. "Yep." Looking at Raven, I pointed at him who suddenly looked, or at least tried to look, innocent. He was failing. "You, stay at the back, and don't try to overtake the others or bump into us, got it?"

Raven looked like a sad Doberman. I shook my head against his pitiful attempt. " ponyal?" (Got it?)

He nodded his head. "Da."

I sighed. I doubt that he would. Good thing that the rest of us excelled in defensive driving. "Okay, let's go."

We all walked towards the cars. Axel, Kayli, and Marc got into the middle car that had Nathan, Kota, and Victor. Raven climbed into the last car with Brandon, Gabriel, Luke, North, and Silas.

Before Corey and I walked towards the vehicle I would drive, he stopped me. "Sang..."

"Yes," I said softly, turning to look at him.

Corey hesitated. "I think it's time for you to open your heart."

I stared at him, not speaking. He knew that I had never expected to fall in love for unknown reasons, but I also knew that all of them, even including Kayli, wanted me to find someone. "Why do you say that?"

He sighed. "I've seen you interact with them, Sang. You and they have a connection. I think that if you open your heart to them, you won't regret it."

I bit my lip. "Me and the nine of them? Corey, you must be joking."

He rolled his eyes, nudging me with his shoulder. "Hey, Kayli has us five. What's four more?" He turned serious. "Even if you only pick one, you'd be happy. All of us want to see you happy. You're our friend and family, Sang."

"Even if I do decide to try to love someone else, it might not be them," I countered.

He shrugged before reaching his hand out to touch my left cheek. His thumb ran down the milky scar. "it doesn't matter if it's them or not. As long as they love you both inside and out."

I nodded before we walked towards the front car. Sighing, I climbed into the front seat while Corey jumped into the passenger seat. Adjusting my seat and mirrors, I looked into the mirror, seeing Milo, Mr. Blackbourne, and Sean in the seats behind me. "It's not going to be a smooth ride. Ready?"

At their nods, I placed the stick into drive and pushed my foot on the gas pedal. I heard them gasp slightly at the jerk as the car jumped forward. We still had a lot of ground to cover. The more distance between us and the Academy, the better. Glancing in the mirror behind me, I smirked as I saw Axel's car following behind us at a normal distance while Raven's vehicle kept swerving side to side. I bet that the Prime were grabbing onto the doors or anything they could grab onto. At least, they'll be alive when we stop. Hopefully.