○talia○

Talia.

She was broken.

She is complete now.

But only physically.

After having surgery for the patellofemoral pain syndrome, her knee was not in pain anymore.

But her heart was and still is.

Over the past few years, her status in society had dropped as she disappeared into the medical place that she had called a second home.

The hospital.

Her status had particularly dropped in school.

She was once with the jocks, one of the popular groups in her school, but they basically rejected her when she couldn't come to parties and such.

That was in the middle of her first year in middle school.

It really wasn't her fault that she injured her leg during practice.

The coach had worked her a little too much.

So she turned to the preppy group, another of the popular groups.

They were the smart, rich, and prissy girls.

She decided that they were too....pushy (aka bossy and bitchy), so she moved to join the geeks during the summer.

The geeks went overboard on getting ready for high school. They were annoying too.

So she moved on to join the hipsters.

They were a fashionable group, and she liked that.

Talia stayed with them for her first year of high school and the first half of her second year in high school.

Then a new girl came into the group and took all the attention of everyone in the group.

Taila left the group, feeling left out.

Her leg was getting worse, anyway.

She turned emo.

She started wearing dark clothing, she dyed her hair black, and she got a nose piercing.

Her parents found her cutting herself and they made her go to therapy.

After that incident, they decided that she should do homeschooling.

Talia wasn't happy about it, but she agreed.

Her leg got worse.

Her parents decided to get surgery for the leg.

Talia whined.

And she begged.

Her parents reminded her that she would be under drugs.

Talia sighed and agreed to it.

Plus, it might bring her back to her old friends, the jocks.

Or the hipsters.

And she could start running again.

She loved running.

And as her knee grew worse in pain, she couldn't run without yelping in pain.

So her parents made her quit even though she begged to stay.

Now that Talia's leg was fixed, all she had to do was wait until the beginning of junior year to start running.

She couldn't wait.

○ ○ ○

When junior year finally started, Talia walked as fast as she could to apply for the track team.

She bumped into someone on the way.

Without meaning to, of course.

His name was Shane.

a/n: hello guys, thank you for reading. sorry for the long wait. :) if you wanna know more about patellofemoral pain syndrome, go to these websites:

http://physioworks.com.au/injuries-conditions-1/patellofemoral-kneecap-pain-syndrome

http://www.hopkinsortho.org/patellofemoralpain.html

http://www.webmd.com/pain-management/knee-pain/tc/patellofemoral-pain-syndrome-topic-overview

they helped me a lot. :D so yeah. bye for now!

p.s.: sorry for the short chapter! and btw, go follow @Falling_Feathers! she has a book that is really good. :)