Prologue

My name is Ayden, and I am one of the six majors going into the Himalayas for Operation Deliverance. The last chance we have to save the human race. And to give whoever reading this a brief overview of what it has been like coming from a major city when the sickness began.

I was eight when it first broke out. They called it Autumn Pox, because of the time of year it struck, and because it left discolored bruising all along your skin. I didn’t study what it did to the body exactly, because frankly it is a sore subject, but it ruptured a lot of veins and arteries before it finally destroyed your insides. It happened to my mother and my younger brother first. They struggled to hang on, but it was in vain. There was a 99% death rate, and we weren’t rich enough to get into a real hospital. Six months later I became an orphan and moved to an overcrowded , hopeless place, named Cayla’s Orphanage.

From what I read in history books the skies weren’t always grey, and there used to be more states. It’s different now, the world is dying and sadly the human race is the one who caused the destruction of the “Blue Planet”. We’re traveling into a relatively unknown part of the mountains, and we won’t have tour guides for at least half the trips.

All of the travelers were asked to write an accordance of the trip. This is my journal. I will be writing daily from the time we hit the ground until we have answered the thousands of year old question: Do dragons exist? And I know it might sound crazy, believe me I am one of the skeptics. But if they are, what else is out there?