Chapter 14

My phone rang, "Hello?" I said.

"Hi this is Emily from the hospital, you're Jamie Benson's sister, correct?" the person on the other line said.

"Yes, I am," I said. 

"Well, we just called to let you know that your brother is okay. And that instead of coming to get him tomorrow if you can come the day after tomorrow on Thursday?" the lady asked.

"Yeah, that's fine," I said, "Thanks so much," I said with a smile on my face.

"No problem, bye we'll see you then."

"Bye," I said hanging up.

"What happened?" Zach asked, "Why are you so happy?"

"It was the hospital," I said.

"And that's a good thing?" Michael asked.

I hit his arm, "It is a good thing, because they told me that Jamie is okay and I can take him on Thursday I said excitedly.

"That's great!" Zach said hugging me.

After practice Zach dropped me off at home.

"Let me know if your parents are home," he said as I got out from his car.

"I will. Thanks for the ride," I said.

When I got inside, I noticed that my parents weren't home.

Well I guess that's a good thing.

I texted Zach to let him know.

I went to sleep happy that night. Knowing that my parents weren't home to hurt me, and because Jamie was okay.

When I woke up I was still happy.

Zach came over in the morning earlier to pick me up for school.

"You know, you don't have to pick me up like every day," I said getting in his car, "I have my own car."

"But I like seeing you in the morning," he said, "Besides it's not like it's out of the way."

I sighed.

Zach and I got to class again, we were doing textbook work, which means we could talk about whatever we wanted when the teacher wasn't paying attention. The second she came around or looked at us we "talked" about the text we were supposed to read.

After I said bye to Zach I headed off to my next class, which as usual, was really boring!!!

At lunch:

I was going to meet the guys in the cafeteria today. I didn't always want them to wait for me.

I walked in and saw them sitting at the same spots.

"Hey guys," I said taking a seat beside Zach.

"Hey babygurl!" Michael said from across from me.

"Hey," the other 3 said.

"So Ashley," Zach said, "Instead of practice today, we were all gonna go chill after school. Do you want to come?"

"Um, I don't know," I said unsure.

"Please!" Nathan said.

"It'll be so much fun!" Cameron said.

They all started begging me to go with them finally I gave in, "Fine! I'll go with you." I said, "Where are we going anyway?" I asked.

"We have no idea," Cameron said.

"Well, I don't really care. I'm just happy there's no practice today," Michael said.

"Of course you are," Zach said.

Michael gave him a look.

"How about we go bowling?" Nathan suggested.

"Ashley?" Zach asked.

"Yeah, that's fine with me," I said.

"I'm so gonna dominate you guys!" Michael said.

"Wow, dominate, I think that's the biggest word Michael's ever used," Zach said.

Michael gave Zach another look.