☆1☆

Sam sighed as he washed his hands. The restaurant had been packed again, like every other day. He owned the place but still chose to work in the kitchen with the rest of his chefs, he felt like that's the role of a good boss. Drying his hands on a rag, he looked to his workers who were busy cleaning up the kitchen, preping for tomorrow. He honestly loved each and every one of them. He didn't mean to toot his own horn, but he definitely felt like he had the best chefs working for him. He hand picked each and every one, so he wouldn't trade any of them. Sam smiled as he took his apron off and started to take off his chef clothes. He went into his office and finished changing, coming back out to a spotless restaurant. Everything was prepared for tomorrow, another reason he loved them, they work fast and efficient.

"Good work everyone. I loved the hustle you guys showed in the kitchen today, waiters I loved the attention you had to the customers. Let's keep up the good work tomorrow, and have a good night. See you guys in the morning." Sam smiled as he fixed the strap of his backpack, firmly placing it further up his right shoulder.

His workers all said their good byes and headed to their respective homes. Sam doing the same.

Looking out his window, he saw his restaurants name; 'Davison', and smiled to himself. He worked hard on owning his own restaurant, and now that he finally did, it felt unreal. Only seeing the big red words on top of his building set him at ease.

As Sam was about to head home, his phone started to ring. Checking the colar id quickly, he saw who it was and answered it, the call playing off the radio in his car.

"Whats up David?" Sam asked as he started to drive.

"BABY!" Sam rose an eyebrow at the voice, recognizing it wasn't David's. He did smile though, since he knew who it was.

"How's it going love? Miss me?" Sam chuckled.

"I miss you so much babes! Come-"

"Zane, stop it!" David's voice screamed out as he laughed. "Your yelling in my ear, we all know how much you miss your lover but God damn!"

"Oh, don't be so hard on him David, and don't act like your not thinking what he's saying in your head." Sam heard David laugh, knowing he had it right.

"Sam, we haven't seen you in like  3 months, get your ass over to my house!" David demanded, Sam heard Zane agree in the background.

"I would love to David, really I would. But you know how it is with me, I work tomorrow." Sam sighed.

"Oh come on, everyone is here right now. Everyone misses you, especially Natalie, you can literally see the depression rolling off her." Sam laughed to himself, wishing he had some spare time, because he really did miss all of them.

Looking at the time, he saw that it was around 10:00 PM, and he woke up for work at 5:00 AM. If he went to bed as soon as he got home, he would have around 7 hours of sleep, just enough for him to function.

"David, I miss you guys too, I really do. But I promised myself that I would do my best for my restaurant, and I need to be energized to do my best. If I go hang out with you guys, I know I won't be going to bed until sometime in the AM. I can't man, I have to work."

Sam heard Zane dramatically scream in the background, making him chuckle.

"I promise I'll make some time for you guys soon, okay?" Sam stated, trying to think of a free time in his schedule.

"Alright man, I understand. Look, don't worry about it. You get some sleep." Sam sighed, thankful that David understood.

"Thanks man, you guys have fun." With that Sam ended the call, driving home the rest of the way in peace.