World

2

For the last few days I was walking the whole street to get a job. I got a job as a bartender. Bar tending was cool even though it kills your arms and feet.Anyway since I had experience with it,I'm okay with the job.I put a sexy black dress that hug my curves well and grabbed a black heels after applying little makeup on my face.I looked at the mirror. My auburn hair was pulled down and my green eyes showed fake happiness .I chuckled humorlessly. After all this years I've studied to hide my emotions with a fake flattering smile. And no one could see the real me.They see only what I allow them to see.

I served drinks to the two teenage girls and smiled at them.The beat of the songs was unbelievable and the bar was full on. I caught men checking me out and girls staring at me.The club manager Tom, a middle aged short and bald man gave me a thumbs and I winked at him. He just fell off from the stool.( a little exaggerated though ). The club was very luxurious one. It was three storied and with a pole at the center. There were five bartenders, all women.I found out about the strippers.Olivia, Chang and Ruby. I watched them dancing on the stage and I saw the crowd going crazy. And let me admit their dance movements were stunning. The music were pounding in my ears and people were making out like anything. The night was everything people had come for.

"Hey Cam!" Steph called while walking towards me. Stephanie Donell was another bar tender who was really pretty with her long dark hair. Oddly after out first encounter she considered me as her soulmate. But its not like I'm making a very thick bond with Steph, she was just a good company. And moreover I'm not gonna be in here for a long time.

"Hey Steph." I grinned at her.

"How is the first day going?"

"Tiring but okay." I honestly replied.

"Oh and you look stunning, so black is your colour!"

I just smiled.

I met Stephanie on the other day in the bar when I came for asking the job. 

 "Damn." suddenly she exclaimed. She was staring at someone.

"Cam,look at that blonde over there." I saw a hot blonde girl in a tight blue dress that barely reached her mid thigh.

"Well, she is hot. Ask her up then." I smirked at Steph.

"Oh yeah, let me hit her up." I grabbed drinks for us and we gulped down fastly.

"Go on lady!!" I yelled at her while she walked away.

"Too bad you're not my type Cam" she shouted at me laughing.

Right at this moment  everything seems normal and alright; but I knew better. This normal life was haunting me. I closed my eyes, but I saw his eyes in my mind. The beautiful brown eyes which were always alive and agile when it looked at me.

"Camilla ,table 7 two drinks" someone called and I headed to table 7 with the drinks.The rest of my night moved easily. The bar was still crowded and all the people here were damn rich. I could see the branded fashion clothes of women and gold wrist watches of men. I looked for Steph and found her making out with the blonde girl. She was probably having the time of her life. By the time my shift was over I was completely exhausted and my legs were killing me. I went to meet Tom as he told me to see him before leaving. I spotted him outside the bar talking to someone on the phone. He turned around and saw me and ended the call quickly.

"So Camilla, I hope your first day goes well." He said slightly smiling.But I could sense some uneasiness in him.

"Yes ." I replied fast, desperately wanting to be in the fluffy bed of my apartment.

"So I called you to tell something" he said. Oh cut short the damn formalities Tom! I mentally yelled at him. Looking at my impatient face he continued.

"This bar, this street and almost everything in this city is controlled by a gang."Tom said in a slightly trembling tone.

Gang? My mind went blank with that single word. Before I could process anything he continued.

"Everything in the city happens as they wish and those who break their rules or disobey them always dealt with consequences. That's how things work here."

Seriously! What I'm avoiding in my life all these years is coming back like fresh and new!?

"I know this may all be new and hard for you, because I think you didn't know any of this when you moved here. And if you regret coming here you can always leave the city." WTF? Please tell me you're kidding me. Gangs? Leaving the city? MY mind was doing a really bad job in absorbing things.

"Since you are aware of it now, let me warn you, do not make trouble for them.Because trust me their boss is not someone whom you can meddle with and it will cost more than your job." Tom finished and without saying anything more he walked away.

I was shocked, alarmed and paralyzed too.I realized this city was controlled by one of the dangerous and powerful gang in the country.But I was not sure about whom Tom had mentioned as the boss. It had been 4 years since I made myself invisible to all the gangs that ruled the country. And it had been 4 years since I had heard any news from the mafia world.There are so many developed and developing gangs around the world, so I could never be sure which gang controlled this city. What if they want me back again? What if It was something I fear; not being killed but being alone and broken again. But leaving this place is not even an option. Four years I backed away, but not this time.

Because I knew someday I would surely go back to my real life,the life I had been running away from,the life I had lost everything, the life where I meant more than a bar tender - the world of gangs,the mafia world.