TI AMO (a)

✦ · ✦ · ✦ · ✦ · ✦

A man sat in his bedroom, staring at a photograph he held in his hand. His eyes were filled with sorrow as he spoke to the image,

"I'm sorry I never got to tell you how I feel. Now I don't even know where you are or how you're doing. If I had told you six years ago, maybe we would have been happily spending our lives together. And today is your birthday. Happy Birthday, my love. Please come back. Your Mahir is very lonely."

Suddenly, a call interrupted his thoughts, and Mahir rushed out to the living room where his phone was kept

______

At 11 o'clock that day, a girl burst into the police station, her breath heavy and her face filled with urgency. "Excuse me, is anyone here to help me?" she called out.

A lady constable approached, "Yes, madam. How can we help?"

The girl, trying to steady her breath, replied, "I need to file a report."

"Against whom?" asked the constable.

"My brother. He sent some goons to kidnap me and maybe later to kill me so that he can get my property," the girl said, her voice trembling.

"How do you know your brother is behind this?" the constable questioned.

"Those goons showed me a video of my brother giving them money to do the task when I wasn't believing them" she replied, showing a hint of the trauma she had been through.

"What's your name, ma'am ?" the constable asked, preparing to write the report.

At that moment, Mahir entered the station. His eyes widened as he saw the girl. "Bela!" he exclaimed.

Bela turned, her eyes meeting Mahir's and they stared each other. Upon recognizing the person infront of her eyes, she wasted no time and ran to him, hugging him tightly as she broke down in tears.

"Bela, what happened? Why are you at the police station? And why are you crying?" Mahir asked, his voice full of concern.

Bela pulled away slightly, looking into his eyes. "Mahir, my brother..."

Mahir gently led her to his cabin. "Calm down, Bela. Let's go to my cabin, hmm."

In the privacy of the cabin, Bela told Mahir everything about her brother's threats and the video the goons had shown her.

"Don't worry, Bela. My team and I will handle it," Mahir assured her.

"Mahir, can I ask you something?" Bela said, hesitating a little.

"Ask me anything" Mahir replied caressing her hair

"How are you here?" she asked, puzzled.

Mahir smiled. "I'm an ACP now, Bela . I was transferred here two weeks ago. By the way, where are your parents? How could your brother do this with them around?"

Bela's eyes filled with tears again. "Mahir, I disappeared suddenly after the farewell, remember?"

"Yes, and ?" Mahir prompted gently.

"That night, my mom had an accident and died the next day. So after her demise, we shifted to this city. Three months ago, my dad passed away too. Since then, my brother has been causing trouble, demanding my property" Bela explained, her voice breaking.

TI AMO ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें