Chapter 22: Say Something

After hearing what Kaede had done to herself, Emma broke down in tears, letting the wave of sadness and regret show in front of every other feeling she had.
She had used a clothes hanger, twisted it around her neck, and squeezed it tight, letting the only color on her face be her lips, which turned into shades of blue and purple, her pale face showing no emotions.
Her body laying on floor when the police came, was what Emma had experienced seeing when she walked in to check on her.
Emma sat on a bench, alone, while Dean talked to Sam. She had tears rolling down the already dried ones she had on her cheeks, her eyes swollen and face red.
"Danny.." Her voice was shaky, "The last thing, I-I remembered her tell me.. wa-was when she was sitting on the steps of her house, and she was staring at the sky." Danny sat down near her by this time. "She....She told me, 'Everyone is so busy acting like they don't care, they forget about the beautiful things in life.' Kaede started crying by this time...'That bird, right up there' She was pointing at the sky, 'It doesn't know it's beautiful, and precious. It's just doing what it always does... It doesn't know..... What, it represents...." Emma broke down crying, falling onto Danny's lap.
"Danny... I don't know what to do anymore... I can't go on... With anything anymore... nothing matters...."

Danny and Emma heard loud footsteps coming towards them. A policeman stood in front of them, holding something in his hands.
"Girls... you seem to be friends of Kaede. This is something we found in her hands at the scene. We insist you read it before anyone else."