Chapter 3 | The gift of life. |

"Scarlett what are you doing here-"

noticing a faint water magic, his brother instantly noticed why she was there. He hops down to the black horse he was riding and checked if I'm alright.

"Did you drown yourself..?"

"Brother, you're the heir of our house, you should know when to talk private matters privately."

"Wha-"

I stand up and looked at the red dress. This dress is really heavy I hate it. But I didn't mind it and looked at my brother.

"Asking that was very rude, why did you even come to school when you don't know the rights and wrongs? Tell me big brother, was what you asked right? And Duke Arealice is also present here.."

I gave my courtesy to the duke and after that, I focused on my brother who was still speechless.

Keith, my brother, faked a cough and straighten his back and give his apologies to me, who was standing in front of him. His stunned expression that was formed because he founded out why I was here was quickly replaced by a warm expression fit for a big brother knowing his sister was okay.

"I'm sorry scarlett, I was shocked to know why you're here so my mind wasn't able to process quickly. I'm glad you're all right, sister.."

Him calling me sister was his true feelings. Knowing that their family's star was destroyed by a dumb heir of a marquis his mood was quickly replaced by anger but he was reminded of what his sister told him earlier and was able to calm himself.

"Thank you for worrying, big brother. So now, may I know why brother and duke arealice here?"

This time, the duke who has been silent the whole time spoke.

"Keith and I saw you leave the room and Keith urged me to follow him to see where you gonna go."

Knowing duke arealice from the rumors in Scarlett's memories, he was probably bored at the party and decided to follow him. I smiled just the thought of it.

"I see, I'm sorry for letting you see these mess." I put on an apologetic expression to let him know I was really sorry.

My situation right now is the worst. My long black hair was so messy because of the water, know that it was dry, it looked so messy because it wasn't combed after being dry. And know my dress. The huge dress that looked beautiful before was now so wrinkled you will be surprised this was the same dress I had in the ball.

The two only noticing this when Scarlett bring it up was in an apologetic mood.

Keith was the one who spoke first after seeing the mess in Scarlett

"Sister let's go back now. Mother and father will probably talk about the sudden annulment the marquis' son declared earlier."

Agreeing to this, I nodded and looked at the duke who was on his horse and only observing us siblings.

"I assume the duke will go back to his mansion after leaving the palace, right?"

"That's right Lady Scarlett." The duke's thin lips curled lightly

I only nodded by his answer and hop back to the horse Scarlett was riding earlier. His brother also hops back to his horse and started leading the way out of this forest.

When we were near the palace gate nobles who were getting on their carriage looked at the three of us and they noticed how wrinkled and messy my dress and hair. The ones who looked at me started laughing and whispering some even dared to say it loudly, mocking me.