11: Something's better than nothing.. Always..

That night Noah messaged if he could come over. Juno and he had eaten the pizza and he had brought over the left over for her to taste.

"Did you make it from scratch?" Caitlynn joked.

"Very funny, Juno made actually, i just switched on the oven and took the tray out of the oven. She insisted that she wanted to do it herself but it was hot and I'm the adult, I'm supposed to know all this right, but I don't. That's where I need your help. "

"My help?" she asked taking a bite of the pizza. She nodded her head and relished the slice.

"The only thing I make is coffee and that to thanks to the machine." Noah smiled sheepishly.

"Get someone to cook for you." Caitlynn suggested, Noah shook his head.

"Juno says she's used to do such work but I cant see her making food like that. She's a kid, I know she did a lot while taking care of my sister, when I see her do all those kind of stuff I get upset, reminds me of all the times I wasn't there for them. The things they might have gone through.. "

"Things happen for a reason, Noah, may be back then you were not ready for what was in store for you." she said thoughtfully. May be both their stories were not that different after all.

"What makes you think that I'm ready to face them now?" Noah asked looking around her house, she followed him to show the rest of the house.

"That's the beauty of life.. No one really knows how strong we are until we actually face them. When we have no other option that to face them. All this might be out of our comfort zone but how we face them, how we rise from the ashes is what matters." Caitlynn said, they had reached the kids room and Matt was on the bean bag reading a book. Noah could feel the pain in her voice. He wanted to ask about Matt but he didn't want to push what they had.

"Being without parents wasn't easy and I don't want Juno to go through without parent. I'm gonna be there for that kid even if she wants it or not." Noah said with a shrug. He didn't want to discuss what he went through and Caitlynn respected it and nodded.

                                                      *****************

"What do you do Caitlynn?" Noah asked sipping the coffee she had made.

"I take care of the kids.." Caitlynn began to answer and he held his hand to stop her

"I know you take care of the kids and household, despite that what do you do?" he asked again.

"I'm sorting out the infinite amount of things to be unpacked and organised. I'm.." she looked at Noah and he shook his head and had a half smile.

"I meant other than that, Clark." Noah asked taking the last sip of coffee.

"No one has ever called me Clark before." Caitlynn said thoughtfully. She didn't have much friends, Greg was her whole world. Never had she regretted that till he cheated on her.

"Well they should, sure suits you better." he said taking his and her cup to the sink to wash them. She smiled at the gesture, she was not used to anyone doing her job and it might be nothing for others, but to her it mattered.

"There is hardly anyone left in my life to call anything other than mum nowadays." she sighed and looked away.

"So tell me Clark what is that makes you really happy and content other than taking care of your kids." Noah asked walking back to the couch where they had sat earlier.

"Have you heard of Tiffany Clark?" she asked following him like a puppy.

"The writer?" Noah asked turning around to face her. Caitlynn wasn't looking and she bumped into him. She instantly stepped back and he held her arms thinking she was about to fall. He let go of her arm and stepped back. Caitlynn smiled and said "I'm her."