chapter 1. desperate

3rd POV

jisung admired the gold necklace inside the display case. it was pretty, but rather expensive. if he were to steal something like that he'd be in jail for longer than he expected to live.

he had never been in a store with so many expensive things. cartier was in an entire different league than him.

park jisung, an orphan who's parents didn't even bother to put in the system. he was alone until he found another family. a family who worked hard to survive.

"do you like it, sungie?" chenle asked, coming up behind the taller. "i can get it for you!" he offered, smiling fondly.

zhong chenle, he was born into a rich family. lucky from birth. the complete opposite from his friend group.

"oh– it's just pretty, i don't want it" jisung said, scratching the back of his neck.

"your eyes say differently but, okay" chenle sighed, signaling an employee to come over and open the case. "i'd like two of these, thanks."

jisung's eyes widened, "i just said no–"

"well consider it a gift now, do i need permission to give you a gift?" chenle asked, raising an eyebrow challengingly.

"just accept it, jisung, who knows if you'll ever get anything that expensive again, and if you don't want it i'll pawn it." yuta said, ending it with a tongue click.

nakamoto yuta. this man could be described as an entirely different breed. a skilled fighter, tough shell, and an unbreakable personality. he made a promise to himself that he would never back down, and that promise has yet to be broken.

"a gift isn't meant to be pawned away, yuta" taeyong spoke up, feeling offended by yuta's blunt words.

lee taeyong. he has always had an unfortunate life. his limp leg being the cause. abuse, neglect, you name it and he has been through it. he appreciates everything that has been given to him and every positive word spoken to him. would never give up the life or people he has now.

"i wouldn't pawn it for my life" jisung said, sticking his tongue out at the white haired man.

"and that, my friends is our jisungie." jaehyun said with a proud smile.

jung jaehyun. a born fighter who has given up his cruel ways for lee taeyong. he was once cold and ruthless but the smaller boy had melted a soft spot into his heart.

the worker came back with two black boxes, handing them to chenle before bowing.

chenle placed one box on the display stand before opening the other one and placing it around jisung's neck, stepping away to see how it looked.

"it looks weird doesn't it? i'm not meant to wear things like this.." jisung frowned before being interrupted.

"you look beautiful, what are you talking about? don't speak of yourself that way." chenle said sternly.

"you look like a million bucks!" taeyong cheered, a bright smile appearing on his face.

that made everyone feel better, because taeyong had a smile that could cure any kind of sadness. he was their happy virus.