chapter 2.

3rd POV

the boys were now sat in chenle's living room in a circle. deciding on what to do about sicheng's situation.

"so.." taeyong broke the silence. "can you go into detail about this stealing thing?"

"my father is in debt to a very powerful man. they came to raid our house of anything with value and they took my father too. i managed to escape and they never bothered to come and find me since i never really had any worth. but that changed when i took a few jewels from their ally." sicheng spoke, taking a deep breath before continuing. "i didn't know they correlated and i was just ready to get him out of that hell hole. so i took them and now there's a bounty placed on my head. if they catch me...i'll assume they'll just kill me."

"and we won't let that happen. right chenle?" yuta said in a questioning tone.

"of course not, that's just wrong. and sicheng, you do have worth okay? from now on, you'll be under my protection." chenle said, nodding to himself.

sicheng just tilted his head at the younger.

"i know i seem young but i have a big future ahead of myself and i can easily take care of all of you, which i'm now going to consider in danger." chenle said. "since those guys saw us, i think we're all suspects or whatever."

"sicheng! please consider it. he's taken care of us just fine, i think it's best since you don't have anywhere to go anyways." jisung spoke up.

sicheng looked around nervously before giving them a nod of approval. "i guess so..i'll stay here."

he felt weird staying with a bunch of strangers but in his defense, as the small one said, he had nowhere else to go.

"perfect, now we'll all become friends hopefully. we'll have protection at all times as well." chenle grinned.

"protection?" sicheng asked.

chenle nodded. he pulled a small remote with a red button out of his pockets and pressed it three times. as soon as he did so, three men in suits came out.

"these are my workers. jaebum, minghao, and eric." chenle introduced and the men bowed.

"they're only professional when asked to be, and they'll always be ready to help so if you have any problems just call them." the orange haired boy informed before waving his hand at the workers. "you can stop now that was just for show."

the doorbell abruptly rung multiple times causing everyone besides chenle to jump.

the man named jaebum went to go check and the room filled with silence, everyone on edge.

once he returned he was holding two teenage boys by their hair tightly, one struggling violently and the other acting as if this wasn't the first time he's had this done to him.

chenle's eyes widened and a giant smile grew on his face. "MARK!" he screamed, jumping up from his seat.

"TELL HIM TO RELEASE" mark screeched, kicking his legs and clawing at jaebum's hand. jaebum dropped the flailing boy and kept the other in hand.

chenle jumped up and trapped mark in a hug. "it's been like five years!"

"i was here two days ago" mark said, dusting himself off when chenle let him go.

"who's he?" chenle asked, referring to the tanned boy with dark hair and an eyebrow piercing.

"he's haechan, he still won't tell me his real name yet, but that's not important. he needs help and i finally convinced him to let me help." mark said. "and you're the only friend i have that isn't a bitch ass so can we stay here for a little to cool off?"