Part 8 - Officially a member

Part - 8
Officially a member

Don't call me heartless please I'm hurt not heartless.

Swara pov

I am a nervous wreck right now. There is only this huge oak door in between separating me from sanskar and his pack Crescent Moon. It is taking a lot of strength out of me not to run away from here. If not for my mate and my fear of disappointing him I would have already ran of to the hills.
After pleading and postponing the ritual to join the pack for six months the day finally came. I still fear facing a pack. I know they wouldn't do anything to me but still there is this uneasiness inside me.

Speaking of sanskar he would have still given me time knowing well my past but his patience snapped after the rouge incident yesterday night he is on toes, paranoid of any harm coming to me. *sigh* what good did I do in past life to get such a good mate.

He felt like a dream, my dream, and I was so used to nightmare. He became a breath of fresh air and he was here, he is real. He is mine. He is my mate.

I never wanted something like I want him. His mery presence push and pull my emotions into a cluster. Sometimes it scares me that what if a day comes when he isn't there either they will completely shut off or I will go crazy.

I get snapped out of my thoughts when someone places a hand on my shoulder, immediately I flinched away. I don't like being touched. I might have got used to of sanskar and Laksh but a sudden contact still riles me up.

"Woah, relax it's me." I breaths out , it is just Laksh. Seeing me calming down and alright he starts to speak again.

"So you're ready to go in. They will be calling you anytime now."
No I'm not' I so much wanted to shout that out but then refrained myself to only nodding my head.

"Ok, I understand. Listen, all you have to do is walk inside and upto the podium the rest will be done by sanskar." He assures me with a soft smile on his face. Which in turn makes me smile lightly.

I can faintly hear sanskar voice through the door and then my name is called.
The doors opens as I took few seconds to calm my heart. Laksh might have thought that I am bailing out because he pushed me forward slightly.

The first few steps felt heavy but as I took some more making my way inside, the looks of disgust or anger I thought I would be seeing were replaced by happy smile making me relax a little. Top of it once my eyes landed on sanskar all the anxiety left me leaving behind calm feeling.

He stood there on top of podium giving off a dominant alpha vibe. His face stone cold but you can see a flicker of softness in his eyes and a slight curve of lips as his stare stayed on me.

Sanskar forwards his hand when I reached the stairs to climb on the podium which I took instantly, relieving in the comfort and warmth provided by him.
He smiles softly making me stand beside him. His face again hardened facing the crowd.

One thing I got to know living with sanskar is that he can talk continuously and show emotions left and right whenever he is with me but if its another person his whole demor takes a 180° turn. Well, I'm not complaining its makes me feel special.

"Pack meet your luna and my mate Swara Singhania. I expect you people to give her the same respect as you give to me." Sanskar introduced in his deep voice with slight threat laced in his voice as he comes to end.

"Now let's finish the ceremony of accepting her in our pack." Laksh continued from where sanskar left.
He stood in front of us and asked for out right hands. With a small knife he made a cut on our palms which we joins together so that our blood could mix.
"Do you accept to be a member of Crescent Moon Pack and to always remain loyal to the pack and its people." this time Sanskar asks. I look up into his eyes, as soon as I say yes they shine with happiness.

Finally I am officially his luna and a member of his pack.

The pack howls and cheers. Immediately I am bombarded with thoughts and congratulations from the pack through mindlink. I almost forgot about the mindlink. It's been so long I used it.

"Quite, now!" Sanskar voice boomed silencing the excitement of the pack. Everyone stood strait and gave him full attention sensing the seriousness in his tone.
I looked up at him but all I could see was his side of face. I thought the ceremony is over. Is there something else left? Why is he serious all of a sudden. Was it the rouge incident still bothering him? I concentrated on his jaw thinking of the possibilities

He must have felt my gaze because he wrapped his arm around my waist suddenly pulling me towards his front and stepping a bit closer to me.

Since I am standing in front of sanskar, I am now more than exposed to the pack then I was earlier. Suddenly all the anxiety and nervousness from before came crashing back to me.

Sanskar on the other hand don't seem to notice it and just continued hugging me. Everyone naturally looked at the girl being hugged in front of them.

Soon enough I couldn't take all the stares of hundreds of wolves. I turned around slightly and hid my burning face in sanskars' shirt.

Sanskar wasn't startled like he was expecting it. He only chuckled and put his arm around my head, effectively hiding my face.

He gave a look to Laksh silently communicating with him.

"Everyone, let's get down to some serious business. Yesterday a rouge was seen inside pack boundaries and haven't been caught till now, which only ment two things that either he has already escaped the boundaries or he is still lurking around somewhere." Laksh said. The pack members instantly tensed up. A rouge to a pack is a big deal. They are basically seen as a threat and might as well kill one before any its of buts. What they don't understand is that not all rouge are bad. Some might have retained there humanity. Even I was one. This also doesn't mean that they aren't viscous. So you can't judge one I gurss.

"Enjoy today night all you want from tomorrow everyone gets to work and training." Sanskar said dismissing the crowd to go there way.

I turned around in his arms facing him. "Are you alright?" I asked. His tense muscles relaxes. He shrugs his shoulders and tighten his grip on me. A content smile on his face.

I frown at him. Seems like I am the only person who is worried.
He heaved a tired sigh and buried his face in the crook of my neck. "Don't worry. Leave everything on me." He demands softly.

"But....but I want to help you " I pleaded. He chuckles pulling me even more closer to him if that's possible.
"Just be with me then." He said pecking my neck afterwards.

I shudders in his embrace. Stepping back from his arms I eye him cautiously. This alpha is too much for me to handle.

He chuckles again silently as if reading my thoughts.