How it Began - Preface (NEW)

How it began

     Revenge brought North America to Hell.

   For three decades there has been a dictator; who has tainted North America. He has divided the continent in four areas based on their desires; Deadly Desires, Daring Desires, Yearning Desires and Forever Desires. He has let his sadism take over; he tortures children. He has torn them from their homes—away from family and friends—at the age of four. Shipping them to his scientific institute he tortured them.

A single child screamed, the fear swirling into the next victim’s eyes. Her long caramel hair was spun gently in a bun and her small fair hands gripped the white hospital gown tightly. The girl’s large innocent hazel eyes filled with everlasting tears as she screamed, “I don’t want to go!” A tall porcelain fleshed woman with a long midnight black ponytail approached the girl with a knife, on the verge of wedging the weapon deeply in the innocent girl’s chest; instead she hushed the child, but not drawing the weapon away. The little victim screeched and began to flail. “My daddy wouldn’t do this to me! I want mommy! I want—“ The tall crystal doors were pushed open, the child was cut off by the smell of blood and poisons along with loud wails and shrieks of pain. Another pair of doors behind all the screaming children was opened briefly, and there she saw her father.

    He tortured them until nothing was left, he injected them with poisons, he attached wires to their head—and somehow their brains. He was crazy, no doubt, but his harshness never ceased. He divided the children up in cells. Down a long dark corridor with only a small floating lantern lay a steep staircase which led to the haunting area of the ‘Accepted’ children, they were to be shipped in an one-way glass arena that trapped them for as long as it took to rid them from the world. The ‘Rejects’ were shoved violently down the longest, most tedious corridor known to existence, which turned with a couple of twists. The steel rooms were opened, relentlessly four shoving children in each small dorm; there they were fed for a week. They were treated like they reigned the world—royalty—but after that long, splendid week was over all their blood filled bags. Their body was dismembered; their eyes and brain along with their blood were transferred into horrific metal, battle machines. These machines were to be used against the ‘Accepted’ if they didn’t die fast enough.

The small girl shivered, as she felt more poisons being injected in her. They lathered her blood stream and pricked her heart. Tears gently cornered her eyes as the testing was nearly over. Her bun had fell out, long after she was chained to the medical table and her eyes no longer held a childish innocence. Suddenly released, she was strung along with two other children, they were headed to the cells: she was accepted.

   They couldn’t fight, for they had no clue how to hold a weapon properly. They couldn’t kill, for they could only imagine all the pain that these children—the same age as them—have been through. They couldn’t win, for there was no way.

   This game, known as the Emag, was a dreadful sadistic game that was controlled by the Richs and The Born—the dictator—who all lived in Forever Desires. They brought fires to a child’s body, chains to squeeze their flesh until blood broke and drugs stuffed in every piece of food—most lethal and an instant killer. These sadistic games have usually lasted for two years.

  “I promise you, we will stay here for as long as we can. We will survive,” a rather small brunette told the daughter of the dictator, with determination radiating around her, “and I swear…I will kill your father, no matter what.”

   Those two girls, along with two boys, have survived the torturous sadism for seven years.