Beautiful (KwonChaeng)

Beautiful
KwonChaeng

The buzzing sound made by the photocopy machine resounded in the empty room as Chaeyeon checked the time on her phone. It's 4:15PM. After printing around hundreds of copies of the flyers for the school's festival next week, she began feeling sluggish and has no more energy for the rest of the day. She just wanted to go home already and lie down her bed.

Being the vice-president of the campus surely took a lot of work especially during school events. She wasn't complaining at all, seeing how the president almost had double, if not triple, of the workload assigned to her.

The president...

For the nth time today, she kept on thinking about how the president maintains her composure and energy even through busy days. She has seen all the struggles the president had to settle over the few months they've been working together. Like there were days when she doesn't have a time to spare to eat lunch or even the sleep-deprived nights so she could do both her personal school works and the president duties...

Chaeyeon sighed as she took the last copy of the flyer out of the machine. She took a quick detour to the canteen to get her and the president some juice. It was not more the fifteen minutes when she arrived back at the office.

The moment she opened the door, she didn't expect to see the president resting her head on the table and dozing off. It was the first time this has happened. She quietly walked towards the girl and peeked into her face.

"Unnie is so beautiful..." She thought as she stared at the president's sleeping face. It was also the first time that she got to stare and study her face closely. Her lashes are long and she has a beauty mark under her right eye. Being this close to her made Chaeyeon's heart race.

Although she was a bit hesitant at first, Chaeyeon gently touched the president's face and tucked the loose hair strands behind her ear. The action woke the president up. Chaeyeon was surprised as soon as their gazes met.

"I'm sorry, Eunbi unnie. I didn't mean to wake you up..." Chaeyeon said apologetically.

Eunbi just smiled at her. It took a few seconds before she finally spoke. "It's okay, Chaeyeon. Sorry, I had to take a quick nap."

"Oh no! You should not apologize to me, unnie!" Chaeyeon defensively said. "I know you're tired from all the activities we did today. You should take a rest too, you know."

Eunbi composed herself and stretched her arms a bit. "Now I have the energy to finish all these reports today!"

"Anyways, unnie..." Chaeyeon looked away as she was nervous but still managed to hand Eunbi the juice she got from the canteen. "This is for you."

Not expecting the kind gesture, it made Eunbi's heart flutter. "Oh, thank you, Chaeyeon. You're so sweet."

Eunbi has always liked Chaeyeon. She was a person who is reliable, dependable, dedicated, creative and full of talents. Chaeyeon is someone who could understand what she conveys even with just looking at her eyes...

Chaeyeon blushed when Eunbi's hand brushed on hers upon getting drink. She managed to gain the courage to finally look back at Eunbi...

"...beautiful." Chaeyeon muttered in a soft voice.

Pretending not to hear what the latter said, Eunbi asked, "Hmm?"

"Ah, it's nothing unnie..." Chaeyeon slightly blushed and smiled awkwardly at her while opening her can of juice as she took the seat beside the president. "Let's get things done!"

Eunbi was trying her best not to laugh as she knew Chaeyeon would never say that to her the second time around. Meanwhile, Chaeyeon keeps on stealing quick glances on Eunbi and seeing her smiling every once in a while.

"She must have heard it. She's teasing me again." Chaeyeon thought as she tried to hide her embarassment over that sudden rush of emotions that got through her a while ago. "And even if I like her, I would never ever tell her."

-- END --

**************************

A/N:

I know it's been a long time since I last been active on this account.
Sorry for not updating my pending fanfics... (╥﹏╥)

It feels quite weird finally writing something after a long time. ●︿●

Hope I could get back to my old fanfics as soon as I get the motivation to~~

Thank you for reading! ♡