Wanted

*Colson's POV*

I sat across from Sawyer on my couch. It was silent. My mind was reeling. I didn't know what to do with the information she just provided me with.

"I thought the counseling sessions were helping." I was speaking to Sawyer now but my eyes were glued on the wall. I wasn't looking at anything in particular because everything was just a big blur at the moment.

"I thought they were too." She sounded just as defeated as I felt.

I grew quiet again. I huffed out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I leaned my elbow on my knee and held my head in my hand.

How do I even approach this? I'm used to girls throwing themselves at me. All I had to do was ask or insinuate sex and that was it.

Sex with Olivia would already be different because I'm in love with her. That knowledge alone already has put pressure on me. But now....

I seriously don't know how to deal with this.

———

Taking a nap was futile.

I ended up back in that room and catching that jackass on a motionless Liv. Only this time we didn't stop it. We couldn't. Our feet were glued to the ground. Our sight was taken from us and all we could hear were Olivia's screams.

I woke up in a cold sweat. The hot shower I took afterwards failed to relieve the tension.

I threw on some grey sweatpants and a plain white t-shirt. My phone chimed on the bed. I grabbed the phone but ignored the text, I'll deal with that later. I went to my favorites and tapped on her picture.

The phone rang twice before she answered. "Hey Love. I just needed to hear your voice."

We spoke on the phone for about 20 minutes before she forgot she was baking cookies and made her fire alarm go off, causing her to have to hang up.

Even when she's going through something she always manages to still be Olivia. I smiled at the thought of her having to explain why her kitchen was covered in smoke. She's not the best cook or baker.

Maybe that's why she loves ice cream.

I threw my phone back on my bed and went to find the only person who I thought could help me with this.

I knocked on the office door. He was behind his desk looking over some papers. His head popped up over his laptop when he heard the knock.

"Hey Son, is everything alright?"

"Not really."

"Come, sit." He motioned towards the loveseat in the office.

As I made my way over to the small couch he closed his laptop and turned off the lamp light before joining me on the couch.

"What's wrong?"

"It's Olivia." His eyes went frantic with worry. "No, nothing like that." My reassurance caused him to relax.

Such a Dad.

"Then what is it?"

"Sawyer came and talked to me this morning. And I need help figuring out what to do."

"Okay. Go on."

"It has to do with sex. Are you sure you want me to go on?" I had to ask the question. I'm just hoping he'll still listen. I have no one else to turn to.

"I'm alright."

I let out a sigh of relief and then began to recall the conversation I had with Sawyer.