Chapter 1

-Your POV-

Crap I'm late again, I'm never early the first day. I'm pretty sure it's genetic. It happens with my mom too. Actually, scratch that, she's my adoptive mother. It's probably because I grew up with her habits.

"Watch out!" I try to stop, but I run into someone. "Inori are you okay?" I hear a panicked voice.

She replies kind of irritated, "Yes, that wretch should watch where she's going." I was on the floor facing a brown-haired girl with green eyes. She wasn't pleased.

I wasn't able to reply since she left in a hurry. I muttered to myself and a hand stood out in front of me, "Are you okay?"

I look up and take his hand. It was a boy a little taller than me. He had blonde hair and black roots. He had cat-like golden eyes which were super pretty. "Yeah, I guess that's what happens when I'm in a hurry."

He helped me up and looked at me, "Inori is a very annoying and problematic girl, I'd steer clear if I were you."

I chuckled, "Thanks for the advice." It took the chance to ask him if he knew where my class was. "Do you happen to know where class 3 is?"

He looked at his DS and nods, "We're in the same class. Follow me."

I clapped my hands and grinned, "That's awesome. So you're a 2nd year too?" He nodded playing his game. "I love that game!" He stares at me, "I made it to level 84, it's impossible."

His eyes widened, "I'm still on level 65."

I giggled, "We should play together sometime. I've gotta warn you, I don't go easy on anyone." He nods. I realized I didn't introduce myself or know his name, "What's your name?"

"Kenma. Kozume, Kenma."

"I'm (Y/N). (L/N), (Y/N)." I held my hand out and he shook it. "Can I see your phone?" He gave it to me and we exchanged numbers, "Now I can invite you and we can play online. I'm still gonna kick your butt though."

He didn't show emotion, "I don't lose easily." I simply smirked without a reply. We entered the class.

After the class was over I walked over to Kenma, "Kenma, do you know where the gym is?" There was a certain someone I wanted to see.

He nodded, "I can take you, I have practice today anyway."

I looked at him, "What do you play? What position?" He didn't seem like an athletic person. So the fact he played a sport is very shocking to me. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover.

He looked at his game as we walked, "I play Volleyball. I'm the setter."

My eyes practically shined, "I played setter in middle school."

He looked over at me and back to his game, "Cool. I have to warn you they're crazy and annoying."

I chuckled, "If the person I'm looking for is there, I guarantee it."

He looked at me puzzled, "You're looking for someone?"

"Kuroo, Tetsurou. He plays the middle blocker position." I told him.

His eyes widened again, "I've known him since middle school."

I grinned, "That's cool, I moved at the end of elementary. We barely talked over the years. It's nice to know he made friends, even one who's so sucked into his games. Not that I was any better."

He put his game away, "Where were you?"

"I moved to Spain for a couple of years due to my mom's sister," I explained. "It was kind of hard since paying for phones is a pain. We moved back due to stuff."

"Kuroo mentioned you in middle school, he was sad you moved away." He said. Looked like he didn't want to pry, he's actually cute.

I smiled softly, "I was sad too. Kuroo was my best friend as a kid."

"We're here." He pointed to the door.

I chuckled, "Will you help me with something?"

He looked at me nervously, "With what?"

"You go in and yell you have a package for Kuroo and I burst in," I said excitedly. I've been watching too many movies.

He sighed and decided to help me, "Fine." He walks inside, "Kuroo, I have a package for you."

I saw him through the door he looked at him puzzled. I rushed in, "I'm back bedhead!"

He laughed and ran up to me and I hugged him, "Hey shortie, I missed you."

I broke the hug, "I missed you too."

Kuroo looked over at Kenma, "How did you two meet, and more importantly, how did you get him to do this?"

"We ended up in the same class, as for how I just asked him and he agreed without me asking twice," I explained.

He was walking away, "I'm not explaining myself." Kuroo sighed and shook his head.

The rest of his team was looking at me, "Why are they looking at me?" I asked Kuroo.

He turned around, "Everyone, this is my childhood friend, (Y/N). (Y/N) this is my team."

A boy who seemed about my height came up to me, "I'm Yaku, so you know our captain huh?"

I looked at Kuroo with a smug look, "Captain?" He chuckled I then glared at Kenma and he noticed, "Why didn't you tell me he was the captain?"

He avoided my gaze, "You never asked."

I pouted, "Do you have to use that against me Kenma?"

Pink started to dust upon his cheeks, "It's the truth."

A boy with a mohawk yelled, "KENMA'S EMBARRASSED!"

Yaku hit his head, "Yamamoto stop yelling."

I giggled, "Kenma was right, you guys are crazy."

They looked at me and then at Kenma, "Is that so?"

Kenma perked up like a scared cat, "Stop staring at me."

I looked at my watch, "Crap I have to go home. Kuroo you still have my number right?"

He checked his phone, "The same one?" I nodded. "I have it."

"Cool, I'll call you later. Kenma I'll call you and send a link later, bye guys it was nice to meet you." I waved and exited the gym. They were really nice and Kenma is actually kind of cute. It was good to see Kuroo again that's for sure. Now, I had to worry about making it home.

-Kenma's POV-

Oh no. The boys started crowding me, "What did she mean when she said she'd call you?" Yamamoto was looking smug.

My face turned into an irritated look, "Because, we exchanged numbers. We both like video games, so she wanted us to play."

Yaku and Kuroo looked at each other and smirked, "The first day and she asked you on a date? Bold move."

I was pretty sure I was blushing, "It's not a date."

Kuroo cooed, "Are you sure? Because it sounded like a date to me."

I glared at him, "Drop it."

He held his hands up, "Okay, come on guys we have to get some practice in."

Lev walked up to me, "Kenma, will you throw me a few tosses?"

I sighed, "Fine." They're so annoying, but she's interesting.