Shiratorizawa v/s Nekoma

You guys are the best. I swear. My friendless ass is happier than most people around me with friends, all thanks to y'all positive people. You give me so much energy. I began writing because I couldn't really find what I wanted when I read a few books and to see you guys like it, it's really special to me. I know some of it sucks and it also kinda looks like I give no thought to this cz I update crazy fast sometimes but I just saw the entire Haikyuu again yesterday tryna figure out the storyline and read a few chapters of the manga too. You keep me on my toes. Thank you. Yes you. All of you. ♥️

~~~~~~~~

'Toshi san is against... Niisan' she had a funny feeling in her stomach. Her world came to a complete halt. Her heartbeat became erratic and she couldn't take another breath in.

"Chibi! Breathe!" He realised how close she was to having a panic attack.

Who would've thought they'd meet in the semi finals, at the time Sakura least expected?

"Ganbattekudasai" she sloppily walked away like she was stuck in a bad dream.

Inarizaki was against Itachiyama, she was also thankful for that... but the question that bugged her mind the most was-

"Who do you want to win?" Haru asked addressing the hotspot.

"Haru chan... you shouldn't ask her things like that"

"I... I don't know" her voice barely got out.

"Well, our match is at around noon so we'll have enough time to calm her down" Kiyomi said to the others.

Sakura couldn't digest dinner. She couldn't even digest the news. 'What was I thinking? Why didn't I think of this? I thought more than I ever have for the last 24 hours and something this obvious slipped my mind. Just HOW?!'

"Sakura, you need the strength to keep playing tomorrow." Kiyomi was worried.  "We're against Itachiyama."

No reply.

"Ushiwaka..." Kiyomi hopefully looked at him and he was already at it.

"Sakura..." he softly said "let's go for a walk"

Kiyomi narrowed her eyes at him and he just nodded assuring her.

She didn't meet anyone in the eyes, she just pushed herself off the table with great difficulty and walked out with Ushijima behind her.

"Why is it disturbing you so much?" He asked grabbing her hand so she wouldn't walk into the busy road ignoring the red light on the pedestrian crossing.

"I don't know and that's what's disturbing me the most..." She said "...that I don't know what's upsetting me so much."

She knew he was taking her for a psychopath. At least until he said "Things you don't understand can be scary"

"Apparently, Tendou says this" he added.

"Is it because you know I won't back down?" He said and that hit her somewhere.

"I think so... I know he won't either and it's scary" she said gripping his hand tighter.

"Your brother is going to give us some trouble" he said and she looked at him "It's okay if you cheer for him, he's your brother after all"

"I'm not cheering for anyone. I hope you don't mind. I want you to give it your all and I want him to try his best too. So it's only unfair if I choose sides. I can't even if I want to" she shook her head.

"Sometimes Sakura..." he stopped to see her face radiate capturing the dim lights from the streetlights. "All I need to see is you sitting there. It doesn't matter if you cheer for me or not tomorrow..." he smiled "I just need you where my eyes can find you. That's all"