3. Time For Training!

Day One:

The three days training before the Games came soon. Katniss arrived to find only few tributes in the floor though she was actually late. About only half of the tributes were there. She was relieved that she doesn't have to pretend to be nice to them to earn allies as Haymitch had told them. She suggested that she and Peeta would split up to which he gladly obliged.

Katniss went to a random counter where Mags was there. She spent the rest of the day with the old lady. Mags taught her to make fishing nooks with different materials for which she taught what she knew to her.

She kept an eye on Peeta the whole. She huffed when she remembered how he had a way with words and how easily he can converse with people.  She saw him with the tributes of District 11 and District 4 minus Nathan and Mags in the plant counter. They were talking and laughing like they have known each other since forever well Percy and Peeta had.

Haymitch was happy hear about how Peeta had tried to make allies and he didn't bat an eye when he heard Katniss didn’t even try.

***

Day Two:

The second day of the training wasn’t eventful too. The tributes of District 12 had split yet again. Peeta did more socializing and Katniss decided to give it a try.

Katniss headed towards the survival instincts area where the tributes from the District 3 were. Beetee and Wiress were trying to light a fire. Needless to say, she spent the whole day with them. Beetee and Wiress taught her how to find force fields and other usual stuff while she taught them some basic survival tricks.

***

Day Three:

"Whatcha gonna do today?" Katniss jumped.

It was Percy. She suddenly appeared when Katniss and Peeta showed up for their third day. It was surprising that Perta seemed pretty normal with it as if it was a daily occurrence.

"Hi," Katniss said still startled. Turning around, she saw Percy with her arm on Peeta's shoulder who was looking around.

"What are you gonna do today?" Peeta asked back.

Percy smirked. "Show off."

"Your mentor told you to show off too?" Katniss asked.

"No, I mean yes, he told me to show off on the first day and when did I ever listen?"

"Can't disagree with that."

"Right, so yeah I'm doing it today."

"What exactly are you gonna do?" Katniss enquired.

Percy smirked again and walked away with a "Surprise!"

Peeta shook his head smiling while Katniss wondered what she would do. They agreed to show off to as the tributes already know what they are capable off. Peeta threw some spears and did some weights while Katniss took a bow and arrow.

Katniss went into the stimulation room and set it in a medium level. Everything else disappeared and the only things she could see was her targets. She took everyone. The targets were designed similar to her fellow tributes. They came tridents, axes, spears and all the other stuff. She knocked another arrow on her bow but no targets came and the normal lighting returned. That was when she noticed other tributes looking at her. Few were looking at her in envy while others looked at her in awe and fear. Only a collected few looked at her with happiness. Peeta was smiling at her and Mags and Percy were clapping.

It was an hour or something when Katniss noticed a crowd near the stimulation room. She went there too noticing Peeta there. She saw Finnick skewering each and every target who dare came his way. He was good like really good better than how he was in his first Games. This time he was the predator ready to pounce not to hide.

After Finnick came out, Percy walked towards him and whispered something in his ear to which he nodded and gave her a smile which soon turned to a smirk.

"I won. I get to choose your level as per our deal." Finnick said to which Percy groaned.

"What’s going on?" Katniss asked Peeta who was closest to her.

"They had a deal. If Finnick wins, he gets to choose Percy's level." He answered his eyes set on Finnick who was making a huge show on picking a level.

Finnick chose the hardest level whether for Percy's good or not, Katniss didn't know. Percy sighed as if she knew that this will be happening. She them went to the weapons rack. She ran her hands on the hilt of each sword. She didn’t pick one and atlast she took double leaf blade which was around three and a half feet and was made with bronze.

"Nothing's balanced." She mumbled.

"That's your luck." Finnick stated, matter of factly.

"Shut up. Having a too-long-for-my-like sword doesn't mean I can't skewer you."

"I believe you." Finnick said raising his hand, palms facing her.

"You better." Percy stepped into the stimulation room with that.

She got into a fighting stance. She whipped her head towards the first target before the others could see. She stepped his attack with the sword and beheaded him. This went for a while. She was inhumanely fast and skilled. She used her braid once to distract a target to which it was surprised that it stopped and that was enough time for her to kill him. Percy was slightly sweating when she was finished after fourty targets with every weapon imaginable.

The other tributes watched wide eyed who clearly did not expect a seventeen year old girl with such skill. Percy turned a blind eye to the crowd and smirked at Finnick.

"That was quite a show." Peeta whispered in her ear.

Percy gave a slight bow. "Thanks, I try."