5. Just A Minute From Death

Percy was more than happy with the arena. It was filled with water, her strength, her home. The Fates had been on her side this time. The best omen one can get so the Fates are looking for the Capitol's downfall too. She sent a quick thank you prayer to them and focused on the task at hand.

The cornucopia was in the center and there were rocks in such a order which made path for the tributes. Though they will have to swim to get there as the rocks did reach the place they were on. Twelve paths lead to the cornucopia.

36 tributes.

Beside Percy were the tributes of District 9. Each stage had three tributes. Percy was able to meet Finnick's eye who showed his wrist and gave her a smile. She wasn't able to see everyone.

She focused on the cornucopia. There were only weapons as far as she could see. She decided that there must be food in the arena if you know where to find it. She scanned the weapons and spotted Riptide in its sword form on one of the racks. She smirked as everything was going by the plan.

She formulated a plan in her mind. Swim to the cornucopia, get Riptide and a backpack, kill whoever tries to kill you, meet up with Finnick and Mags who will have Katniss and Peeta and run into the jungle with them.

She nodded to herself. That was a good plan. Annabeth would be proud.

She did not wait for a moment after the timer went off. She dived into the water and swam towards the center. The water instantly rejuvenated her and parted barely noticeable for her. She controlled the water and made it push her backwards like how it normally does for people. She wanted to play fair.

She swam to the center not taking the path set for them. She didn't have any weapons still and she would become a visible target for the others to kill. Also, it would give her the element of surprise.

She swam to the cornucopia first and took Riptide just in time to block a blow from the tribute of District 1. It wasn't a victor but he was obviously trained. Though he was big and muscular he did not match her skills.

She killed him quickly. It was difficult to kill people and that's why she imagined them as the mutts that attack her and her family back at home because she knew that they are to be killed. She reminded herself that it was for the greater good and the people in front of her trained to kill.

Percy sent a quick thanks to Plutarch for Riptide as she killed the last of the new tributes of the first six districts. She turned around to see Finnick talking with Katniss. She searched for Peeta and found him still in the place he came up.

She dived into the water without a second thought. She swam towards Peeta as fast as she can as Brutus was aiming for him with his bow and arrow.

She went underwater as she gulped a huge breath of airto avoid the former victor's arrows. She reached Peeta atlast. She wrapped her hand around his waist as she put his hand around her neck. She swam towards the shore as dodged the arrows.

She gestured Finnick to come when they had reached the shore. She searched for Mags and she saw that the old victor was already there.

"And that is why idiot I taught or atleast tried to teach you swimming,"

"Don't blame me, it is my prothestic leg," Peeta muttered.

"Oh, sorry," Percy apologized.

"But it looks like they won't leave you for that," Percy mumbled as she ducked to avoid an arrow.

The duo ran into the jungle after ensuring that Finnick and Katniss were following her. Branches crunched below their feet as they ran. Percy had to run slower than usual for Peeta to keep up with her.