Vanilla

Vanilla

"A vanilla milkshake again today?"

"You know it." I smile.

"Anything else?"

"Nope!"

"You've literally been having vanilla milkshakes for the past two years. When will I be able to convince you to try perhaps a... chocolate milkshake?"

"Never." I roll my eyes, jokingly.

"Well, hopefully I will convince you one day and my conquest won't be in vain. Also, your order will be up in two minutes!"

"Thanks Jungkook!"

Jungkook smiles at me and proceeds to take the next order. I couldn't help but blush. He's been taking my Starbuck's orders since the past two years and something about him gives me tiny butterflies. Keep in mind, they're very tiny.

I scroll through my texts as I wait for my drink. It's been very tiring these days with my parents divorce and all.

Honestly, I think I'm a bit relieved. And to actually say that makes me feel a little guilty. However the never ending fights and arguments had just made me immune to the idea of a divorce.

"Here's your vanilla milkshake, Brooklyn." Jungkook says with a glint in his eye.

"Thanks. I will probably see you soon! With the way life is, maybe in a couple of hours." I say as we both laugh.

"Well, I guess I look forward to it." He smiles at me as he starts to take the next order.

_\|/_

I went to get my milkshake even though it was the weekend, meaning I had no work and I should've gone to my parents and helped them. However, it's just been so exhausting to deal with all the drama. My sister doesn't even try to help. She clearly doesn't care anymore.

As I ring the doorbell of my parents' house, I can already hear the bickering.

My father opens the door and continues his screaming," I wish I had never married you! It was the biggest mistake of my life."

I sigh at his 'greeting' and make my way to see my mother crying.

"What's the problem now?" I get ready for the usual fight stories.

"She doesn't want the divorce." My father says quietly.

"What?" I say confused, looking at my mother.

"I don't want the divorce." My mother says with a straight face.

"This woman, I just can't deal with her-" my father starts to raise his voice again.

"Dad, can I please just talk to mom? Alone?" I say and my voice cracks a bit as I try to hold my tears.

My father leaves and I mentally prepare myself to talk to my mother. The way I've been doing for the past 6 months...