'Always'

Sonakshi stood in front of the mirror of her makeup room on the sets of her show 'Kahaani Parvati ki', giving herself a pep talk, trying not to burst into tears right away.

"Sona stop this... Raima Rohit ka pehla pyar hai and its obvious ki woh use chunega... Usne na hi tumhe call kiya hai itne time se ya na hi tumse milne ki koshish ki hai... Apne kaam par focus karo... Smile" She mumbled to herself with tears streaming down her face as she ended and forced a fake smile.

It had been more than a month since Raima had walked in the Sippy Mansion while Rohit was proposing to Sonakshi. As Raima's condition deteriorated, Rohit had quite literally thrown Sonakshi out of the house. Sonakshi had understood that Raima was Rohit's patient and that he was her and she was his first love and it was quite obvious that Rohit had reacted that way after listening to Raima's truth but she hoped that Rohit would come back to her and keep his words and the promises that he had made to her as he confessed to her.

Much to Sonakshi's dismay, that day had never occurred and her life went on the way it was before Rohit had set a foot in her life, but the only thing that had changed was that she felt as if a small part of her was snatched away from her and was never going to be back to her. Her life had become quite monotonous, with her smiles being fake to everyone around.

She had started to 'act' as Sonakshi Rastogi, and be the Sonakshi that everyone wanted in their lives, even though it exhausted her. For a person that never acted outside of a set, she had become quite an expert in acting as if everything was fine even if her heart was breaking each moment.

"Ma'am aapka shot ready hai" One of the female colleagues walked in with a script in her hand and kept the paper on the table. "Aur yeh abhi ke scene ki script" she said as she ran to call the other actors. 

Sonakshi walked up to the table and picked up the paper. As she read every word, she felt extremely connected to what Parvati would be going through in the scene.

In the episode of the previous night, Kunal had had an accident and was suffering through an extreme case of amnesia where he had forgotten Parvati and all his memories related to her. The scene that they were shooting at that moment, was that Kunal had gotten better and started working, again.

A colleague of his, who had always despised Parvati and had wanted to be with Kunal forever, had taken this opportunity to get closer to Kunal, who had felt his emotions getting stronger for her. The colleague had planned to use Kunal's feelings for her against Parvati. The scene included a monologue of Parvati, when Kunal was asleep, telling him how she felt about him and the situation that stood in between them.

Sonakshi felt more tears stream down her face, dampening the paper. She quickly wiped her tears, put on a brave and walked up to the set. Sumit walked up to her and waved a hand at her. He had noticed quite a difference in her in the past month. She always seemed quiet on the sets and had stopped interacting with everyone if it wasn't important. Everyone was confused with her behavior but had soon let it go but he, as a matter of fact, had known the reason for her to behave the way she did. (PS - Sumit and Sonakshi are quite good friends in this. He isn't like how he was in the show)

After he had dropped Raima to the Sippy Mansion the night Rohit was going to propose to Sonakshi, he had immediately felt an attraction to her and had inquired about her from Sonakshi the next day who seemed extremely sad while telling him that she was Rohit's ex. Noticing the change in her tone as he asked her about Raima, he immediately decided to have a talk to Rohit. He knew Sonakshi had loved Rohit the moment he had seen Rohit step into the sets frequently about 2 months before.

The first time he had a chat with Rohit, he too seemed quite disturbed, just like Sonakshi and hadn't revealed much. The second time, as he noticed Sonakshi become quieter and quieter and working herself down to the bone, he decided to have a talk with Raima almost 2 weeks later, who by then, had already known the relationship that Rohit and Sonakshi shared.