Sick Day Off

It had been a pretty normal day for Sonakshi, waking up beside Rohit, with him wanting to cuddle up to her and asking for her attention every 5 minutes that she was in the washroom or getting ready outside their wardrobe. He even went ahead to ask her, in his sleepy voice, still in bed, to take a leave that day just for him. 

Rohit had had a pretty rough week with a bunch of patients lined up for various different reasons and that one day, his colleagues had told him to take a day off, saying that they would inform him if there was an emergency.

"Sona please!" Rohit held her hand, trying one last time to not let her leave. 

"Rohit aaj jana padega na... See Netra ji ke kitne calls aa gaye hai" Sonakshi said, removing Rohit's hand from her's. 

"Sona tumhe bukhar hai kya?" Rohit sat up, keeping a hand on her neck and then her forehead, to check her temperature. 

"Nahi Rohit" Sonakshi got up in a swift motion, which almost imbalanced her posture. She put a hand on her head, as if about to pass out.

Rohit pulled her to sit beside him and held her hand in his, placing a thumb on her pulse area. 

"I'm fine Rohit!" Sonakshi whispered.

"Dekho bp bhi low ho gaya hai... You need to rest now... Netra ji ko main bata dunga that you won't be coming today... Ek din woh apne Parvati ke bina kaam chala sakti hai" Rohit laid her down on the bed. Sonakshi opened her mouth to retaliate but stopped seeing Rohit's glare on her. 

Rohit picked up Sonakshi's ringing phone, with Netra ji's name showing on it, from the side table. He put the phone to his right ear and got up from the bed to talk to Netra ji. Sonakshi folded her arms, seeing him walk away. Rohit walked back to the bed after finishing his talk with Netra ji and picked out a thermometer from one of the drawers of the left side table.

"Rohit! main bacchi nahi hu... I can handle this" Sonakshi swept her head to the right side, with her cheeks blown up.

Rohit poked the thermometer lightly in her left cheek and gave out a small chuckle. "Sonakshi muh kholo" He said. 

He put the thermometer in her mouth and waited for a few minutes before removing it again. "104 degrees? Aise jaane wali thi tum set par?" He said with a anger filled voice.

Rohit called Vimmi to send in some soup and a bowl of cold water with a cloth to their room and then moved his attention towards Sonakshi once again.

"This is not good Sonakshi... Khayal rakhna chahiye na tumhe... I'm sure tumhe pata tha ki you had fever" Rohit said calmly.

"Rohit... Main shoot nahi miss kar sakti thi na" Sonakshi mumbled.

"Ek din chalta hai Sonakshi... Netra ji can handle without you for one day." Rohit laid on his side beside Sonakshi, supporting his head with the headboard and taking one hand of her's in his.

Vimmi walked in a few moments later, pushing a trolley with everything that Rohit had asked for. Behind her, Veena walked in, her face giving out her stress.

"Sona kaisi ho?" Veena asked sitting beside her. Rohit helped Veena take everything from the trolley and keep it on the bed and side table.

"Mumma main thik hu" Sona said, smiling at her.

"Thik kaise ho? Bukhar hai tumhe" Veena stressed on her words and dipped a piece of cloth in water and placed it on Sonakshi's forehead.

"Mumma aapko ye karne..." 

"Kaise karne ki zarurat nahi hai? Tumhara yeh temperature kam karna hai" Veena placed a hand on Sonakshi's forehead, sensing a loss in temperature.

Rohit made Sonakshi sit upright while Veena took a bowl of soup in her hands. She brought a spoon full of the soup near Sonakshi's mouth and fed it to her while Sonakshi made faces.

"Eww kya hai yeh? Itna tasteless" She made a funny face to which Rohit and Veena burst out laughing. "Mujhe nahi chahiye aur" Sonakshi complained.

"Mumma ki special recipe hai Sona... Itna bhi bura nahi hai" Rohit giggled, earning a hit from Sonakshi.

"Aur nahi please" Sonakshi stretched her words while Veena gestured 'one last' to her and fed her another spoon full.

Veena checked Sonakshi's temperature for one last time and when it was sure that it was lower than before, she decided to leave the husband and wife alone. She also gestured Rohit to actually feed Sonakshi the entire bowl of soup that was kept there. 

Rohit made Sonakshi take some pills while Sonakshi made more faces to not take them. He told her to got to sleep while he laid beside her as well, holding her hands together in his. He kept on dipping the cloth in cold water and placing them on her forehead while she slept peacefully.

**********

After so long! Sorry for such a long delay. Trust me, I'll be back with a proper story soon!

PS. I know the OS ended abruptly and it's smaller as compared to my other one-shots... I've written this after a long break bear with me :P

Lemme know your thoughts through comments!

Take care

Bye