Chapter 44

After doing my homework which seemed like for hours, I tried to call Caiden back several times but he never showed up.

Then my mom called me down to eat and both my mom and dad asked how my day went and praised me of how I got my homework done so quickly knowing how I used to procrastinate.

After dinner, I went back upstairs to have my phone being blown up with texts from a group chat with the brat, Hunter and Andrew. I didn't have any intention of answering them until they kept spazzing.

Seeing that it was Kendall who was talking the most, I decided not to answer and put the chat on dnd. After I found out their character in school and our first encounter, I figured it was best to let the fantasy die and we just weren't meant to be friends.

 Andrew did start to text me on the side again just like last time and since Caiden didn't want to start talking to me, I open the text.

'So I guess we ditch eachother now.'

'I told you I was fine with walking.'

'And I told you that I was trying to take you home.'

'Why are you so pressed?'

'I want to talk to Caiden.'

'Well at least you're straight forward about it. Maybe you can come over like tomorrow or something.'

'That's the thing. I can't. I'm going away to go visit other family and I'm staying for a month apparently.'

'Damn that sucks. I'm sorry I didn't know.'

'Well you wouldn't have known.'

'Regardless, I'm still going to be here and so is Caiden. I'll make sure of it.'

'Thanks.'

'Another thing, you have someone to talk to if things get tough.'

'Wait. Are you proposing a friendship to me?'

'It's however you take it.'

The way my heart sank. I'm normally never this bold but I am now apparently. I don't really know why I was gesturing being nice to him and to be his friend?!?!? Yeah someone must have spiked my drink that I don't have.

On the inside, I was really panicking. He hasn't responded and I feel like he was doing it on purpose.

Almost on an instinct, I lock my phone so whenever he texts me it doesn't seem like I was really waiting for him to respond which indeed I was. 

After a few minutes, I had no response.

I don't know what it is about the men of this family, but they never seem to finish a conversation.

My phone dinged and my heart decided to go into cardiac arrest.

"Okay I shouldn't open it instantly because that makes me look desperate but if I wait too long then it looks like I don't care." I say while I pace my room while my phone is taunting me from the middle of the bed

"I don't know why I'm stressing myself out over this boy. It's not like I like him in a romantic way." I already experienced it in my vision and I was already over it.

Just answer. Breathe. Please don't forget to breathe but answer.

I took a deep breath and unlocked my phone only to see it was a storage notification.

"You've got to be kidding me."