Chapter 14. A Widowed Return

[Yes, I changed the chapter name. Hush]

God, how long has it been?

It's been almost a year since I had my 18th and now I'm in the middle of nowhere looking for god knows what.

How did I get here? Well, almost immediately after the coming of age I was abducted in my sleep and woke up in the back of a SHIELD quinjet, my wrists and ankles bound with zip ties to restrain my movement... mostly.

Looking up I could see the pilot, a silhouette of a muscular but also curvy body, feminine most definitely, with her red hair in a ponytail hanging from the chair headrest.

Usually I'd freak out at this point and use whatever powers I could to obliterate the jet but being powerless now makes that difficult. So I calmed myself down.

I needed to get myself free.

As silently as I could I unbuckled my seatbelt and slowly stood up, only for the jet to suddenly drop, making the world go anti-gravity for but a moment before I felt my body slam against the hard floor.

I began to groan in pain from the sudden shift.

"I see why Tony and the others wanted me to train you, without your abilities and not knowing how to harness your stone thingy you've basically become another civilian" The pilot explained aloud as she turned in her seat.

"Train me? I can still take you down, remember?" I said proudly as I realised that the woman was Natasha, I struggled to break my zip ties but managed to snap them.

"Alright" Nat replied as she hit autopilot, standing up and getting into a fighting stance.

I took her invitation to fight and leaped at her, just to be slammed into the floor, creating a dent in the jets inner shell.

"Fuckin ow!" I cursed as I sat myself up.

Nat grabbed the collar of my white shirt I went to bed in before being rudely kidnapped and pulled me close to her face.

"You had residual strength and speed then, plus I went easy on you! So, you. Need. Training." She explained to me as she let go of my shirt, letting me hit the floor.

I lay there to catch my breath before standing up.

"Where are we training that requires a quinjet? I mean isn't the compound well enough equipped?" I asked Nat as I took a proper seat in the co-pilots spot.

"The compound is built for Superhuman abilities, if you were to train there it'll be as effective as a regular ass gym, we want field experience" Widow explained, the sound of footsteps coming from the quinjets inbuilt bathroom stole my attention.

Black Widow seemed to lose her smirk when a woman in a grey coloured, form fitting military uniform came from the room and managed to rip me out of my seat with one hand.

"Do you know how to fly Mister L/n?" The woman asked.

I simply shook my head, indicating a no.

"Then you sit in back of jet" she continued, I suddenly took notice of her silver hair, yet she seemed close to my age. That was before she set me down and sat where I was sitting.

There was silence as I sat back down and kinda accepted the situation, whenever I tried to ask Nat who the silver haired woman was she'd just say that it's classified and that she'll be the person we'll be helping during my field training.

"So how long will we be training for?" I asked Nat as snow flakes melted on the windshield of the jet as we flew just below the clouds.

"For as long as we need, until you become able to fairly defeat me or if you die trying, then we'll be done" she said lightly as we approached the ground.

"Do the girls-" I was about to ask about my friends at the compound but Nat cut me off.

"They think that you are in a coma and that Tony and Bruce are trying to wake you back up" Nat explained bluntly.

"That's a little extreme! What if they ask to see me?!" I reply strongly, beginning to pace around the jet.

"Tony used the multiple scans of your body to make a brain dead clone of you, no one knows or will know that you are actually at the other side of the world getting trained" Natasha assured me as she landed the quinjet outside a cabin in the middle of the woods, snow seemingly engulfing the area.

And that brings us to the current time, my facial hair has become noticeable and my body feels sore everyday from training, I still don't know who Silver is, I've began to call her that because I don't wanna keep calling her ma'am or "classified".

Just like clockwork, I've been out here chopping logs for fire wood and there goes Silver, using the same damn Jeep to drive out and down the dirt road.

I began to hear the sound of snow being shifted behind me, but I've learnt this trick due to failure all too much, the sound was too light to be footsteps, definitely just a tossed stick.

Whipping around, using all my weight I managed to knock back Natasha's sneak attack, she flipped back and showed off her stun sticks, I'm all too familiar to the sting of those things.

The sneak attack became a duel of sorts, with me using the axe handle to defend myself without hurting Nat.

"Come on Y/n! There's a whole axe head there for you to use against me!" She tried to convince me as I did my best to stop her attacks, some have become predictable while other times she'll pull a new move out of nowhere.

I grunted in annoyance, the feeling of the stun stick hovering beside my face as I push it back with the axe handle, using my other hand to grab the other stun stick with my bare hand, the sound of sizzling flesh caught Nat off guard as my hand burnt, using this worry to give her a swift kick, launching her into the snow.

Nat quickly recovered and immediately managed to pin me to the floor.

"God damn it Y/n! Don't do that!" Nat scoulded me as I accepted defeat, being helped up as Nat examined my burnt hand.

"My stun rods are built for momentary contact! Not constant skin to metal connections" Nat worried as she dragged me inside the cabin, using a medical kit to heal my burns.

"Natasha. You've been telling me that I need to complete my goal no matter what! A little burn is nothing compared to the main goal" I complained to the woman who purposefully pressed down on my burn, making my eyebrow twitch.

"In a situation where the goal is real! You just need to pin me down once in a fight and you'll be going back to the compound, I could of thought of 20 different ways to get out of that without burning my own hand" Nat continued to scould.

We were both silent for a moment.

"Sorry Nat-" I went to apologise but Natasha cut me off.

"No, I'm sorry... I've been a bit all over the place due to how long this mission is taking. Never thought that recon could take so long" Natasha finally let loose some mission information but didn't seem to care.

"... recon for what?" I asked with the intent of getting more info.

"Hey, interrogation training isn't for another three days" Nat joked as she stood up, walking over to the kitchen and packing herself a meal.

One thing I took notice of since I got here is that occasionally Nat and Silver would go out to somewhere, no clue where but they'd then return with the same gear they left with and then would look over the image results, making sure I don't see them.

"I'll be back in a few, it's your turn to prep dinner tonight, our friend should be back in an hour or two so let her know too" Nat stated before she left, the sound of her motorcycle riding off on the snow.

Another thing I noticed about Nat is that whenever she's wearing her work gear it's usually based on her intentions, but a lot of them seem to be very skin tight, she's explained to me the importance of distractions and it makes sense that the best distraction which requires no effort is the woman body. But I'm kinda glad her daily wear isn't like that.

I think I actually prefer sweater and sweat pants Nat over extremely open cleavage Nat.

... I should probably make dinner before Silver catches me in dirty thoughts.