5 | Scars With Stories

THE TAL DANE'S CASTLE:
EREN'S CHAMBER-ROOM.

It had been two fortnights already since the raid on the other Stoichi Tribes. The Westerners had returned whence they came, taking with them a combination of Stoichi Dakyres from all over the realm.

From the estimated result given, about five hundred and sixty Dakyres were hoisted; two hundred and sixty Air Dakyres, one hundred and eighty six Water Dakyres, and one hundred and fourteen Earth Dakyres.

These were huge numbers, the gifted population of the realm taken away and flown to the west. The dark sky had once again begun to loom over the Tribes. It would take another fifty years or more before they recover from this attack.

Eren stood in front of the gigantic mirror in his chamber, running his fingers over the new scar his father had given him. His mind surfed back to that day, the day he'd disappointed and disobeyed his father and paid the ultimate price. The wound had healed fully but the burn  left an ugly red scar that disfigured his face; from his upper lip down to his mental protuberance, spanning from the hinge of his jaw directly below his left ear, to right under the other ear.

This was like a routine for him now, standing in front of the mirror and examining his scar.

There was a slight knock on the door before it was pushed open, revealing his sister.

"I didn't say you could come in!" Eren yelled, rummaging his table in search for his face scarf mask.

"Calm down, darling little brother. It's just me."

He stopped his search when he heard his sister's voice, turning to face her. He'd been especially desolate these past few weeks.

"Stop calling me that, you're just a few minutes older than I am." He corrected.

"A few minutes older," she emphasised, "you said it yourself."

"It doesn't count."

"Well it counts to me." She countered, walking well into the room with swaggering self-confidence, and sitting on his king sized bed with blood red sheets and a decorative canopy.

"What do you want, Metsumi?" Eren inquired with a tired expressionless tone.

"Nothing? Can't I pay my little brother a visit?" She leisurely turned to her side, holding her head up with her hand and placing one leg over the other one. Taking quite a seductive pose.

"Just say what you want and leave. I'm busy."

"Ugh," she groaned, rolling her eyes at him. "Yes I can see that, you're too busy admiring father's beautiful work of art on your face."

Eren clenched his jaws tight to prevent himself from sassing back at her, he felt he was way above that.

Metsumi was the complete opposite of Eren. She was fierce and stern, the ideal son for Zeldrius only she was girl. Eren was the one with the kind heart, at least he tried his best to be kind despite being surrounded by strict personalities.

"By the way how's the scar coming along, does it still hurt?" She continued.

"No it doesn't, it's fully healed now." Eren used every last bit of love he had for his twin sister to control his rising temper.

"It's healed fully but the scar still remains, I hear you'll forever have have that scar." She stated.

"It's likely, all the menders have tried their best."

"Oh, that must suck camel balls." She feigned a sad expression.

"What do you want, Metsumi?" Eren sighed, repeating his question.

"You must hate father now." Metsumi blurted out all of a sudden.

"What?" Eren squinted his eyes at his sister's lying figure.

"Nah it's fine," she sat up on the bed and crossed her legs. "You don't have to answer, but just so you know I don't love father, I just respect him and he loves me for that. You don't have to like him, just show him respect and learn while you're at it. You're the heir to the Throne of Fire anyway." With that she stood up and made for the door.

Eren stood dumbstruck, staring at the back of his sister's head as she walked towards the door. Metsumi feared no one and that made her quite blunt and utterly forthright.

"Oh and before I forget," she stopped and turned to her brother when she got to the door, "father wants us in the Throne room immediately. There seems to be some kind of situation." She informed.

"What's wrong with you Metsumi! You should have led with that!"

His sister sniggered and left the room. Eren resumed rummaging through his table in search for his face scarf mask, it wasn't on the table. He cussed under his breath. The maids must've taken the current one he was using to get it washed. Rushing over to his huge walk-in closet, he pulled a red one with a phoenix embroidery on it out from a hanger.

He always wore a scarf mask that resembled the Blazing Sun flag every time he was summoned to the Fire Throne room, or needed to see his father. Ever since he gained that scar, he'd never left his chambers without a mask. The scar wasn't one he was very proud of.

Taking a last glance at his reflection he tied the face scarf mask over his scar, hiding the disfigured half of his face. He spent a few moments adjusting and fixing the mask to his liking, stuffing the excess rest of it into the collar of his tunic.

This is what I have become.

He walked away from his reflection and out of his chambers. Heading towards the Fire Throne room, he wondered what the situation his father was assembling them for might be.

Little did he know that he was about to meet someone who would change his life forever.

On getting to the Fire Throne room he found out it wasn't a political meeting with the council or something of the sort. It seemed they were all waiting for him to arrive. His father, Ursa, Goliath and Metsumi were all there.

Walking up to his chair at the right hand side of the Tal Dane, he noticed two Flame Breather guards towering over a frail looking boy with an incredibly slender physique.

The boy was on the floor, sitting on his haunches, motionless and quiet. His head was bent forward compelling his long honey brown hair to veil his face. He looked tired, hopeless and almost completely broken.

The sight of the boy with a nearly shattered spirit made Eren's heart sink into his stomach.

Please vote and comment your thoughts! <3