Chapter 1

Everything was normal. Humans lived their lives with freedom. Well sorry to break it to you but that didn't last very long. Something that every human thought was a myth came true. Giants. Everyone lived in fear. There was even a war there a little while! But then eventually the humans and the giants came together to make peace. Everything was back to normal plus giants! What's so bad about that am I right? Wrong! Many giants couldn't stand humans. And many giants turned into all of them. They turned on the humans. But the humans didn't see it coming. Now it's been 100 years since the giants turned on the humans. Giants are now civilized but I can't really say that for the humans. Humans are now hunted down to be tortured, tested, and sold as pets.

And before you say "Oh this is just another one of those sold off as a pet stories". Well let me tell you. YOUR WRONG! This is just a story of me running for my dear life by myself. Or so I think, I'm not sure. I might end up dead by the fifth chapter. I honestly have no idea.

My name is Harper. I'm 16 years old and by myself until I die. Because let me tell you I am not gonna get caught by a giant. I promised my parents that before they were taken away by a giant to be sold off. I remember that night, my 7 year old self didn't stop running. And I still haven't.

I pushed back a piece of my light brown hair out of my face. I slightly open my mouth letting out a faint breath. It was mid-day but I didn't worry much because I was in a heavily wooded area. Then at that moment my stomach growled. I needed to find food now especially if I was going to make a fire. Making a fire during the night would make me a wide open target for hunters.

I climbed up a rock and that's when I saw it. A squirrel. I quietly pulled out my bow and an arrow. I pulled the string back and was aiming right for it. 'Gotcha' I whispered to myself. Then suddenly I heard something, so did the squirrel because it was gone. Footsteps. I jumped off the rock as fast as I could and leaped for a pile of leaves. I buried myself under only allowing a small hole for me to see out of.

"C'mon this way!" Said a voice

They were getting closer but I couldn't see them yet.

"Are you sure this is the way?" Said another

"Positive!" Said the first voice

Then at that moment I could finally see them. Two teenage boys. The last giants I would wanna get caught by, except for kids, I hate giant kids.

Great looks like another day without food and I'll have to find another safe place, until then no sleep, I just couldn't risk it. After what seemed like almost an hour I began my journey to get far away from this part of the woods.

I now had been walking for almost eight hours and it was beginning to get dark. My head was dizzy and I was exhausted. I can't exactly remember but I think it's almost been 3 days without sleep. I was about to pass out when I heard it. Water! I was suddenly filled with energy as I ran towards it. I was getting closer then suddenly I stopped in my tracks. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The ocean. I had only heard of it before but had never actually seen it with my own eyes. My eyes began to wander and then I noticed something it the distance. It looked like a city but it was too small to be a giant city. Curiosity took over my body as I headed towards it.

It almost took me two hours to get to it but I eventually did make it. I felt so overwhelmed over the things that I had never seen before. Buildings that were as tall as giants but meant for humans. Things that I believe were called cars. There was even a big statute that was as big as a giant that was green! I was amazed even though everything was abandoned and falling apart. Things like this make me think of the time humans were free even though I never experienced it without being in fear. I decided to take shelter in one of the buildings. I went multiple flights of stairs until I found what seemed to be an apartment I think their called. I found an old couch and laid on it. It was extremely soft! I grabbed my backpack and pulled out a blanket and payed it over me. After a minute I was fast asleep. And let me tell you that was the biggest mistake of my life.