Chapter 3

PoV hinata
It almost a week since I've been talking with Oikawa-san. It's so easy to talk with him. Also, lately he's on my mind a-lot even when i am talking with someone else or doing something. I sighed and was walking towards the gym when Sugawara-san stopped me and said that he won't be able to toss to me today. To which I replied that it's fine as i too had to leave early today. When we were talking Kagayama was passing by we still are not talking and no one is forcing us as well. Sugawara-san looked uncomfortable because of that but didn't said anything about it for which i was grateful.

PoV Oikawa
For the whole week i have been talking with Hinata and i am sure that i like him. So, since I realised that i have been debating the idea in my head to what to do should i make a move or not if i do and he doesn't like me like that back we won't even talk, back to square one which is not good. I don't even know that he likes me or not maybe and possibly he doesn't because before last week he was afraid of me. I sighed out loud. Iwaizumi send me an annoyed look well I deserve that he's been asking me what's wrong I always changed the topic. But he had stopped asking me when he realised I won't slip anything. But he's been distant from me since i asked how do we know we like someone and what was that 'ask someone who knows' he knows everything I turned to look out of the window wishing i could see shouyou today.
"Crappykawa! Pay attention in the class I won't be giving you notes this time."
Oh yeah class, I thought. "Sorry Iwa chan."
I started making notes but my thoughts were still stuck on orange head. It's not that I just started liking him. The first time I really noticed hinata was when he spiked right past me in our first practice match against Karasuno. His eyes really did left an impression in the back of my head. He really was the first person I noticed in the room. Great Iwa-chan is right i am any idiot I didn't even realised I liked him. May be that's why i had the urge to talk to him every time i saw him. But I thought it was because he is my future competition. If I knew what those feelings were i would probably have done something till now rather than wasting time. "You are going home early today right?" Iwaizumi asked.
"Yeah, mom made a new friend months ago so we are visiting her house today." I sighed. "You can always say you have practice if you don't want to go."
"Well i did but.."I shudder as I remembered the dark aura of my mother. People say i have a bad personality they haven't really met my mother. "Well then there was nothing you could have done." Iwaizumi said when he realised what i was talking about. "Iwa-chan, I cannot walk home with you today, mom's coming to pick me up." I told Iwaizumi but he just rolled his eyes at me and pushed me through the door as if saying 'keep walking idiot'.
When we were(mom and me) going to her friend's house I thought i saw hinata cycling past us. I did the double take when i saw him. First i thought i must be imagining him but then i payed more attention and realised it's really Hinata. And great i am again thinking about him.

We reached the house of my mother's friend. We did the formalities. Mom and oba-san started talking. When i heard the the voice i always recognised. "Mom, Natsu again took my T shirt the rest are in the laundry....!?" He stopped talking when he saw us and then his eyes went wide. All i could think was 'he has ab' as he was not wearing any t shirt. I didn't even say anything i tuned out the rest of the conversation. I have to keep my cool. 'Control yourself, asskawa' mind Iwa-chan said. "Yoho, Chibi-Chan " I winked and waved. "Grand king" he yelled and ran upstairs. Hinata-san and mom looked at me for some explanation, I nervously ran my hand through my hairs and told them that i know him. Then Hinata-san went to help shouyou. While my mother was laughing at me "what?" I asked with an offended tone. "Nothing, just he really knows you."
"What do you mean?"
"Oh! I mean that was spot on reaction of Hinata-kun. Oh com' on other then Hajime no one knows the real you everyone is charmed by your charming personality."
"I am always charming. And i am a good person. Also, you shouldn't say something like that to your own son." I said crossing my arms and pouting.
"I say that because it's true and i have accepted the demon of my son."
I gasped while clutching my hand on my heart in off.
"I apologise for my son's behaviour. He just got home." Hinata-san said while coming back to the room.
The talked flow went normally after that, Hinata is sitting in front of me our mother's are talking not even noticing the tension on the table. Both me and Hinata trying not attract any attention to ourselves.
"So Shouyou, Tooru here tells me you know each other!" My mother asked.
"Y..yes. We met at one of the practice matches between our school." Hinata replied without looking at me even i was avoiding the topic as my team won last time our teams played. "Oh you also play Volleyball." Both of our mother's asked at the same time. "Yes" I replied while Hinata nodded. "Which school do you go to tooru-kun, my son is in Karasuno." Hinata-san asked me and told my mother knowing my mother didn't know. "AobaJohsai" I replied. An understanding passed in both of our mother's eyes.
"You must be really good team my son didn't stop talking about your matches." My mother said so that he wouldn't feel down. "Your must be really good to reach the finals." Hinata-san said to me. Which made me flustered i replied" thank you, I don't think i am that good but with my team we're definitely going to nationals next time." "You are kidding me." Hinata retorted back. I looked at him startled. So he continued " you are a amazing player, your serves are like 'woosh' and 'baam' and it's scary to be at receiving end of them..." he went on and on explaining about me I couldn't understand half of them but the look on his face and those stary eyes i can tell he is complimenting me which made me blush.
"Is he speaking Japanese?" My mother aske Hinata-san to which she replied" that's just how he explains volleyball".
I was left speechless. To my mother's amusement so she add "also you won best setter award". "Yeah and you won best setter award and you are the captain of the best team." Hinata added still in awe. I felt heat reaching my face and i was probably blushing and our mother's just laughed, and said a small "thanks"with that Hinata just send me a gorgeous smile.
"Aww., look Tooru-kun is blushing like he just received a love confession." Hinata-san said. Hinata just ducked his head to hide his pink dust on his face and concentrated on his food. "I am not!" I said while trying to control the blush. "Shouyou- kun is also blushing, look." My mom said. To which we both looked at the same time and then again avoided each other's gaze. This is exactly why i never introduce my friends to my family. No boundaries. I glared at my mother. Wrong move! Because my mother looked surprise and then she smirked, knowing her she is upto something and i am not liking this situation at all. "You know.." my mother said turning towards Hinata-san she continued ..."Tooru here is Bi"

"Mom" I yelled out of embarrassment.
While Hinata-san shakes her head and added to Shouyou's embarrassment " oh, so is Shouyou." Who was beat red so he excused himself and left. Seriously women are dangerous. And they went on talking again.
"Tooru, why don't you check on Shouyou-kun!" My mom said without thinking twice i left any time away from them and more with Shouyou why wouldn't i take on that offer. I went to the way which shou-chan disappeared. Went outside to find Shouyou tossing the ball in air. I crunched inside god that's a horrible toss. I sighed "want any help, i can toss if you want". The ball which he had tossed made contact with his face i laughed behind my hand took the ball which rolled toward me and walked over to him extended my hand to help him up.
He look at me in surprise after a moment or so he took my hand with hesitation. I smiled a genuine smile. That's when I realised we were standing really close. And i hoped that no one can hear how fast my heart is between so before it jump out of my chest I stepped back and let go off his hand. But i was happy. "You would toss really!" With big eyes shining bright and huge smile which is probably brighter than sun it was blinding so i said "of course.... ahh i could also practice i missed mine today as we were coming here so sure."
He jumped high in excitement " i always wanted to hit one of Grand king's tosses." He shouted.
So we started practicing it was enduring to watch Hinata jump up close. I am jealous of Karasuno even more now. How can they be so lucky to have this sun shine with them, this ball of joy. Is that how they fell when they play. God i hate Kagayama even more to be able to toss to Hinata. I want to do that. Also anyone can tell just by looking at him that he is not experienced his receives haven't improved much. It took some time to get in sync with Hinata there a unpredictability while playing with Hinata and a little bit air of curiosity but there is this determination in his eyes and the way he says one more even i get pumped and want to see next. The fist time he properly hit the toss over the net he just stared at his hand for a i saw him do that before too wonder what he thinks then. The again he asked one more and we went on doing that. So I thought of an experiment in between that i send a different toss. He was not able to hit he made a face but didn't complain and asked for another i smirked i knew he won't be able to hit. So I did, for a long Time he couldn't even touch it the smirk didn't disappeared so did the determination in Hinatas eyes it seemed instead i fuelled it more.
He is fare from hitting this toss Even Iwaizumi can't hit this one. So i changed the toss again after asking Hinata that he want to try some other tosses he agreed.
Perviously this week. Tobio asked me for advice. About Hinata trying out the quick with eyes open well i did gave him advice because I wanted to see what he can do and improve. Now i know his reflexes are great, he will hit anything given to him. And he will be the one of the best players in the country soon. With how fast he can adapt and improve. I know very well the thirst for victory to keep playing to improve because we are not born with natural abilities, we started from the bottom, practiced till we are sour. Keep on running to catch up with others and keep on improving so no one can pass us. "One more." Hinata called again for the hundredth time today and i was about to toss when we heard Hinata-san calling "no not any more Tooru kun has to go back look at the sky suns almost set." We looked at the sunset and made disappointing face "and you have to study if you want to pass and go to Tokyo and you haven't been passing any tests in school." They pointed towards Shouyou with an angry face. "I would pass if i could understand what they are teaching" he mumbled only loud enough that i could hear "and we are trying to ask other for help they will do tutor us i know but i have to convince them on Monday." 
"I can help you with study" i said out loud without even thinking everyone looked at me "ahh.." I nervously scratched my head. I could feel my mom smirking behind somewhere good god she will never let me live it down. "Tooru can stay over for the weekend here if that is alright?" My mother asked Hinata-san who in turn asked me if that's ok i looked over at Shouyou and said " if it alright with Hina-chan." Who was shocked and said "yeah, sure?"
"So it's decided Tooru can stay." My mother said with amusement. I really want to glare at her. "But I don't have any change of clothes." I said with disappointment. "Oh don't worry i might have something for you." Hinata-san replied. So i am really glad i will be staying at hinata's house for the weekend. Escape questioning from everyone at school and getting to know Hinata more.