Chapter 1

Five years later . . .

     Fiona's POV:

     It has been five years since Cody kicked me out. I had won the lottery on the day that I left, but now I needed money. I appointed at this company called C. Coyote, and I hope I get appointed.

     "Hello Miss Creevey. You're appointment with the CEO is on the fifth floor." The girl at the front desk said. I nodded and went up the elevator.

     "Thank you." I said, shouldered my purse, and walked into the elevator. When I reached the fifth floor, I walked to the door marked CEO's Office. A man was facing the window, looking down at the streets.

     "Hello. I'm here for the interview." I said. The man turned around. My breath hitched. It was him. Cody.

     "Hello. What's your name?" He asked. Cody didn't remember me. Good. After all, I did get a makeover. My hair was now brown with black highlights. My eyes were the same, but still. A makeover.

     "Oh, um, my name is Vivienne. Vivienne Lane." I answered quickly without thinking. Vivienne? Oh well. Cody nodded.

     "As you know, I am Cody Harman. Sit down." He said emotionlessly. I nodded, and sat down. After the interview, he admitted me in.

     "Before you go," he said. I turned around to meet his eyes. "You wouldn't happen to know who Fiona Harman is?" I frowned, pretending to think.

     "Um, shouldn't you know? She has your last name." I said.

     "Yeah, that is. I forgot. I divorced her five years ago. Sorry. But do you?" He asked.

     "No. I'm sorry. I'll see you tomorrow then, sir." I said. I walked away through the doors. When I was out of the building, I sighed in relief.