Chapter 3

Fiona's POV:

     The next day is as tiresome as ever. Cody seems very distressed, as if looking for something he can't find or locate. I do my work, as usual, as he makes calls. Sometimes I catch the words "Fiona," "Where is she," etc. I'm pretty confused, though. Why is he trying to find me?

     The only comforting thing is my afternoon meet-up with Ethan Morrington. He's very kind, and I realize he's from the opposing company of C. Coyote; Morrington Companies and Co. He's made a lot of links with many other companies, and he's the CEO one of the best companies in the world.

      The next day flies. I think of Ethan, and something, an old feeling, sparks inside me. I smile as I think of him, setting down freshly printed files. "What are you grinning about, Vivienne?" Cody asks, startling me. 

     "Nothing, thinking of my personal life," I respond. He shrugs, and keeps on working. I smile again as I think of Ethan, and can't wait for my break soon. It seems like three hours, although it's only been one, when I finally get to be on my break.

     "Hello!" I call as I sit down. Ethan looks up from his phone, smile, and close it, placing it delicately on the table. 

      "Good afternoon, Miss Fiona." He says. My eyes widen.

      "How do you know my real name?" I ask. 

      "Well, I did some research." He responds. "I just thought there was something off about you. Every time I called you Vivienne, you would take some time to respond." And I thought I was getting better at that.

      "I also heard you're good at business." Ethan cleared his throat. "And my mother wanted me to find a wife. I was thinking, I do like you . . . can we go out and girlfriend and boyfriend?" My cheeks start reddening, a deep shade of cherry. Maybe it would be nice to have a love life again.

     "Sure!" I say brightly, and Ethan smiles wider, if that was possible.

Cody's POV:

     Come to think about it, this Vivienne was very suspicious. Was she from Morrington Companies and Co. to spy on me? 

      I lean back in my chair, deep in thought. I was tired though, and today had been a long day. I will research about that later. I think. Now, I should go sleep. I yawn, pack up, and start to leave, passing by Vivienne's desk.

     There's a picture on the counter; one of me and Fiona. We were alone that day, in the park, on our last date when I asked her to marry me, and we had taken a selfie together. Was Vivienne . . . Fiona?