━━━ 02. with benefits

(previous gif deemed "inappropriate"
according to Wattpad when it
was just people kissing 🙃)

|chapter two:: with benefits|

MY hands shook violently as I stared at them, "Adriana, I know what happened isn't something you would see everyday."

"Are you sure, detective?" I retorted, glancing up at her, "I feel like since I've dealt with so much already that this wouldn't faze me, but..." I trailed, looking back down at my hands.

"Adriana, what happened to your hand?" She asked, also looking down at my bloodied palms.

I sniffled, turning my palms down before meeting her eyes, "I cut myself," I answered, but it wasn't the truth. Why would I tell her that, "I-I cut it on a knife by accident."

"What were you doing with a knife, Adriana?" She asked and I froze, looking down. Think. Think. Think of anything! Anything to get you out of this sinking hole. "Adriana?"

"Adriana?" I heard and looked up from my textbook to see Nic holding two glasses in his hand.

"I hope that isn't water," I joked as he sat next to me, my legs only a couple inches deep in his pool.

"Sorry, but it is." He sighed, handing me a glass before he put his feet in the pool and looked at me as I went back to my textbook, "You okay?"

"Yeah, I'm just studying," I hummed, "You heard Azucena the other day."

"I'm not talking about that, Addy." He informed me, "I'm talking about Polo being exonerated."

I shrugged, "It's whatever."

He furrowed his brows at my simple answer, "'Whatever'?" He wondered, "It didn't seem like whatever when you were trying to claw his eyes out the other day."

I sighed when Nic closed my textbook for me to look at him, "I knew your sister would retract that statement and pretend like she made it all up to protect him."

"So, you just knew that this was going to go shit anyways?" He asked me.

"No, but I know now that my sister is never going to rest in peace," I explained, "And I know I can't do nothing about it anymore, so I'm moving on."

He eyed me before scoffing, "Bullshit. I'm calling bullshit." I rolled my eyes, ignoring his claim. Polo was freed once Carla said that she lied in her confession. I didn't go to the hearing because I knew the result of it once I seen Polo in school the other day. He was going to go free and that was just going to be the end of my sister's case once again, "And what about Ander? Did he confess?"

"I doubt it, he's too loyal to Polo."

"But isn't his love for you greater?"

"It doesn't seem like it," I huffed, "He protected Polo for months, so why would he change up now? Clearly, it's not because of me, so he can go to hell."

Nic looked down at the water momentarily before at me again, with a smile, "Let's go swimming."

I scoffed, "No way," He furrowed his brows, "I still have to apply for schools in case one of the schools tomorrow don't take me. You should be doing the same."

"We have all the time in the world to do that, Addy." He groaned, standing up to remove his top, "This could be your only chance. "

I raise a brow at him, "God, don't tell me you're serious, Nic." He didn't respond, though he just pulled off his pants before smirking at me as my eyes trailed up his body to meet his.