○Misaki's Boundary○

"They should be here, though I can't guarantee their wellbeing." Hanako said, looking around.

"This place is a lot more extravagant than last time." (Y/n) said, looking around in awe.

"You've been in here before?" Nene asked.

"Oh yeah, total accident of course the first time." (Y/n) explained. "And the person here was very surprised to see me. Kicked me out real quickly. But now and then we chat over tea. Well, coffee with me."

The four continued walking, looking around at the unique decor. It felt otherworldly to the two humans, but it was the usual for the spirits. The humans noticed dolls with the kanji for two written on paper over their faces. The two were creeped out by it.

They came to another flight of stairs, Nene now noticing the water over them. (Y/n) could see her reach her hand down and touch the water, causing small pink scales to appear. This caused (Y/n) to think about her own situation with the mermaid scales.

'I wonder what I look like as a fish...'

"Oi, Hanako!" Kou said. "There's nothing here! Isn't there something supposed to tear us apart?"

"They wouldn't do it right away." Hanako explained. "Where's the fun if you end it before you even start?"

"Whittling you away...ever so slowly...that's the fun part!" Hanako said, scaring the humans.

"Hanako, stop that." (Y/n) said.

"You're sick." Kou replied.

"Well, yeah." Hanako shrugged. "We're the eight mysteries, as the eight pillars that govern the supernaturals of this school. We must be known by as many people as possible."

"That's why we- well most of us, frighten people." (Y/n) explained. "Think it this way. Nice creatures who do good, and bad creatures who do harm. The bad scary creatures are the ones who likely make an impression. It's human nature..."

"Still, number two's gone too far." Hanako said, eyes narrowing. "We have to put a nonsense to this immediately."

Rrrrrrrring!

Nene and Kou froze in shock, surprised by the sudden ringing sound. The four turned to see an old fashion rotary phone ringing.

Rrrrrrrring!

Rrrrrrrring!

Nene walked up to the phone, grabbing it and listing it to her ear. "H-hello?"

"It's..."

"Misaki."

The four looked at each other in surprise. 'A call from the mystery themselves?!'

Nene took notice the voice sounded like a women's.

"I've been teaching my students in the schoolhouse at the top of these stairs."

"But I was killed, torn to pieces here."

"Right where you are standing."

"Say, would you..."

"Please look for my body?"

Nene shook in fear, her voice not coming to her. (Y/n) noticed this and rubbed her hand against the girl's back, attempting to soothe the frightened girl. With the help of the spirit, Nene was able to find her voice.