chapter 40

May 2017

Harry spent a lot of the following days watching Rosalie make dozens of phone calls to rehabilitation centres and looking online to try and find a flat. Every time he offered she would shut him down, telling him she needed to sort it out on her own.

Lola would be discharged from the hospital soon and transferred into a six week programme at an alcohol rehab centre in the middle of London. It had taken some convincing but Rosalie had promised to visit everyday if she could and to have a nice flat sorted out by the time she got out.

The rest of the band had come home a few days later, Sarah had immediately come over to Harry's to see how Rosalie was doing.

"I don't know what to do." Harry mumbled as they watched Rosalie outside on the phone, she looked stressed as if she wasn't being taken seriously or she was being misunderstood.

"Just be there for her when you can. She probably won't tell you a lot about what's going on so just try not to get too frustrated over that." Sarah advised, knowing how she could get. Harry was slightly disheartened that that was what was expected of her.

"She's been so perfect over the past few weeks, I feel bad that it's all come crashing down on her." He sighed, earning a sympathy smile from Sarah.

"I know." Harry climbed onto one of his barstools while Sarah put the kettle on. His eyes didn't stray from Rosalie, all he wanted to do was wrap his arms around her, cradle her as he whispered it'll all be okay. "In a way, it's good. She couldn't keep living like she was. Now she's been forced to move out, it's only up from here." He wished that was true, knowing Rosalie wouldn't be able to handle it if it doesn't.

"Yeah, I guess nows not the time to be asking her to be my girlfriend then?" He meant it as a joke but the reaction from Sarah was priceless.

"She's not your girlfriend yet? It's been months Harry" she told him off but he knew. "How did you not establish that in LA?"

"I don't know, it's always kind of felt like it goes without saying." He shrugged, Sarah shook her head.

"It doesn't go without saying, Harry." She muttered.

"She's gonna freak out on me." He stated. "Starting to date someone is scary enough without all this bullshit." Sarah gave him another sympathetic smile as she filled three mugs with hot water.

"That's why all you have to be is supportive. You, me and her therapist will get her through this." Sarah chuckled slightly as she spoke. This was the first Harry was hearing of her therapist however.

"Therapist?" He asked, watching as Sarah's face dropped. Her mouth opened to say something but then the back door opened and Rosalie entered, the topic dropping immediately.

Harry reached out and pulled her to him, wrapping his arm around her waist and letting hers curl around his shoulders. His head nuzzled as it usually did in her neck, which she always found weirdly comforting.

"What did they say?" Sarah asked, sliding over two mugs for them both.

"They want first three months rent up front, i only have enough for one maybe two." her hands found his hair and started fiddling with a few strands to try and relieve some stress. Harry opened his mouth and she shot him a look. "Don't you fucking dare Styles, I will not let you pay." she answered before he could say anything.