chapter 62

April 2018

To say he was nervous would be a complete understatement. Ever since he had gotten the invite in the post, his heart raced every time he thought about it. He wanted to go alone, to see Rosalie in all her glory but Camille was desperate to go as a lot of her model friends had been featured.

He stopped outside of the gallery and looked at the poster that was placed outside. 'TPWK by Rosalie Bernard: One Week Only.' This was opening night, she had to be there but he was definitely coming back alone at some point in the week to see it again by himself.

There were men standing with trays of champagne so he took two and handed one to Camille. His eyes searched the room as they usually did when he entered anywhere but tonight he was looking for someone in particular.

"I think it's in an order. See" Camille showed him the programme she had picked up somewhere and pointed to the right of the room. He ignored her comment, looking at every face for some sign of Rosalie.

His eyes found her, they always did. She was wearing a long tight black dress, her hair was half up and she was holding a glass champagne. He couldn't draw his eyes away from her, begging for her to look at him or notice he was at least there.

Many people were approaching her, hugging and congratulating her and she seemed genuinely happy. Her eyes eventually scanned the room and met his, something washed over her face but he couldn't tell what it was. He gave her a small nod of acknowledgement and she did the same before he broke the eye contact and started looking at the photos.

Harry walked probably the slowest of all the attendees, stopping and carefully analysing each picture. He could almost feel her in each one, her aura flowed from them. Camille disappeared for a moment and he didn't even notice as he read all the descriptions of the pictures sat before him.

"I just bought one of the French scenery pictures, gosh she captured France's beauty so well." Camille's voice snapped him out of his trance that he had curated with one picture in front him.

Harry loved the way she had set out her exhibition, dedicating each section to a place or theme. It was as if you were travelling as you walked around. They had already travelled to France, modelled by Michaela Thompsen. It added character, rather than just taking pictures of the views that many people have seen.

Each place had a description of why she had chosen it to feature and then you travelled along, the location being captured by landscapes and wherever these models appeared to be.