1.3 - valentine

she fell in love when she was sixteen.

he was always secretly the romantic type. she just didn't see that part of him- or maybe refused to. she only focused on how smart he was. how he could keep up with her banter. how bold, un-shy-like, and in your face. how he always knew exactly what he wanted and how to get it.

that was why, on the thirteenth of february, he sat on his laptop one night and wrote to her a love letter.

a letter full of passion, fervour and anticipation in the form of story-telling. a story about a boy and a girl, and how the boy had been pining for her almost since the day they entered each other's lives.

word for word, he described everything he loved about her.

and she said yes to being his.

it was each other's first valentine's the next day.

it was perfect.

even though physically not together, everything else about them were. like two souls on a single thread. they proved that it was never too late for anything- even when you were thousands of miles away from it.

he was upbeat and positive, and she could feel him through the screen, enjoying life to its fullest. and it became infectious to her. she was breathing life through his lungs. 

it felt euphoric.

a thousand realisations ran through her head in those moments. the way he'd look at her first after telling a joke. the way her stomach would pool with warmth when she saw him at certain times. the way she'd talk to him before she went to sleep- the way he'd visit in her dreams.

it was unbelievable. they were two sides of the same coin, a blissed balance in motion.

it was exhilarating. glances were stolen, blood was rushing and heart was soaring.

it was sincere. stories of hardships and broken dreams, tales of tears and insecurities whispered between them.

they spoke of the truth. the truth spoke back to them.

they proved only what they had known before: their souls had murmured hello, we meet again.

the boy remembered a time where he just arrived in his new school, a new environment. wanting no trouble. but there she was. a girl who seemed intent on making his life a living hell.

how true of a revelation that became.

because he was falling for her and he couldn't even touch her.

and the secret he shared with her all those years ago, about being alone- the one that eventually tied them together for the following years... well, he had himself a new secret.

with her, he didn't feel alone. with her, he didn't feel like an outcast. with her, everything felt braver.

"you're an extension of me," he once said.

it was one thing to fall in love.

it was another thing to watch someone fall in love with you.

like many other things, she was a bit slow- while he was already floating on the clouds, she had barely left the ground. that wasn't to say that she didn't return his feelings- but it took her longer to open up and allow these emotions to overtake her. not because she didn't want to.

but because she didn't know how.

so she felt him falling for her all those years. she felt his love growing. blossoming. almost like she could touch it. and it was a feeling one could maybe only feel once in a lifetime.

the heart was an arrow.

and his was pointing to hers.