Promises

The weeks went by quickly and before I knew it, I'd already met Xavier's father, Alpha Richard. He was a wise and intelligent man. The moment Xavier and me entered his study, hand in hand, he'd known that we're mates. Maybe it was the way Xavier placed himself in front of me, shielding me from potential harm or maybe it was the way our eyes sparked with adoration as we looked at each other. Whatever it was, he'd known.

Since the pack now had a future Alpha and Luna, Alpha Richard would step down and let Xavier take his rightful place as Alpha.

After much discussion with The Elders, Alpha Richard, Beta Thompson, Xavier and me, it was decided that I would be introduced as the Luna of the pack in the coming month. After the meeting, everyone retired to their own homes, content with the decision.

I was in Xavier's room, looking through his and Damien's childhood photographs, laughing at particular pictures.

Suddenly, a familiar scent hit me as I came face to face with Ashley. Ashley, the pack slut. She rejected her mate as she wasn't ready to be committed. She wanted to sleep around with every unmated male in the pack.

Unmated males like our mate. My wolf growled ferociously at the thought.

I looked at her suspiciously, wondering what she was doing in Xavier's room.

"Who the fuck are you?" She asked, her lip curling in distaste.

"Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"Listen here you bitch, I know you've got your eyes on the future Alpha and all, but he's mine. He's my mate." She said.

"And what gave away the fact that you're mates?" I asked, sweetly.

"I just know. Just like I know that you don't stand a chance against me."

"We'll see about that." I said.

She narrowed her eyes at me, huffed and left the room.

I let out the breath I'd unconsciously been holding and sat down on the edge of the bed.

I'm- I'm scared Anna. My wolf whimpered.

Why so? I asked.

I feel like something bad's going to happen. I can feel it. I don't trust that girl at all. She said, her voice meek.

Don't worry. Nothing is going to happen. I promise. I assured.

Little did I know that the promise I'd made, was going to break. Soon.

........................

Minutes turned into hours and hours, into days. It had been a few days since the incident in Xavier's room.

We were at a hill top, looking at the sunset before us.

His hands were lazily running down my sides, squeezing and pinching occasionally. His lips were near my ear, placing kisses here and there. He knew what he was doing. And he knew what effect it had on me.

I growled in frustration and straddled him, kissing him with unbridled passion. He groaned, his hands holding me close. Our mouths were in a frenzy. He flipped us so that he was on top. His hand sneaked up my top, cupping my breast through the bra. I fumbled to get his shirt off but got it off eventually. His mouth was on my neck, on the place where his mark would lay.

"Mark me" I said, breathlessly.

His hands stilled.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

I kissed him, giving him the confirmation he needed. He growled appreciatively as I rubbed myself against him.

He peppered kisses on my neck, preparing me for the pain of the marking. His teeth sank into my flesh and I cried out in pain. The pain was excruciating. Close to the first time we shift. I struggled in his hold, wanting to get out. Without knowing, I sank my teeth into his flesh too. He growled in pain, but didn't budge.

But then the pain reduced, and pleasure took it's place. I moaned as I held onto him tightly, not wanting to let go.

Oh the irony. I thought.

His teeth retracted and he licked and cleaned the mark he'd made.

My eyes felt droopy, my body betraying me. I wanted to stay up with him. I wanted to talk to him.

"Sleep now, love. We'll talk later. I love you."

"I love you too" I mumbled before my eyes shut completely.

------------------------
UNEDITED.

Hello there!

They marked each other! Yay!

There will be drama coming up, so stay tuned. :P

Vote, Comment, Share and Enjoy! ❤