Chapter 1

I Was on my way back home from Yale. Not just for the Summer though. My Younger Sister Loraine was Graduating From High school. I Know that my family would be excited to see me. But their is Something that they don't Know. I'm really dreding telling them that not only am I dating someone, But that He Proposed to me on New Years. When they find out Who their not going to be happy. Or should I say that my dad won't be happy.

His name is Calvin Murtagh, and he is the eldest son of my dad's arch rival Jimmy Murtagh. I had met Calvin when I was younger, during the trips My family (The Baker Family) would take during the summer holiday's (like Labor Day and such). It was a couple of years ago that I ran in to him again. Now when I say I ran into him again I mean I LITTERALLY ran into him. I was just leaving the campus coffee cart with My Coffee and chocolate chip muffin, and I was looking at My Schedule to see what class I had next. When I Bumped into a wall.

Next thing I knew all of My stuff went flying, and My coffee spilled everywhere. When I reached around to get my stuff all sorted again, I saw another pair of hands gathering my books and some folders. I looked up and was met with a familiar pair of beautiful blue green eyes and handsome face that could only belong to one person Calvin Murtagh. I just couldn't help but smile as i recognized him. 'Oh My God Calvin Murtagh is that you' I said. 'Little Jamie Baker is that you ?' He asked. 'Yeah it's me'. 'I didn't know you were going to Yale.'. 'Yeah I'm actually studying Physics, what are you studying ? He Asked.

'I'm working on my teaching degree' I said 'What kind of teacher do you want to be?' He asked. 'Well I'm Majoring in Math and Minoring in English.' I told Him. 'Is this your first semester here?' 'No actually I started over the summer. I audited a few classes, and some of the teachers gave me grades so i got credit for those classes.' 'Wow, I'm so sorry that I made you spill your coffee.' He said. 'I wasn't looking where I was going.' I said. 'Will you at least let Me buy you another cup of coffee?' He asked. 'Okay sure why not.' It was after that coffee that he asked me out for dinner that weekend.