counselor

Arjun

What I love about sakshi, she makes people feel comfortable about even embarrassing things. she really listen when someone is talking. Sometimes she listen too much for too long. She is a good citizen. she always knows the right thing to do when it comes to difficult family stuff. I get stuck in my ways and she knows when to push me and when to leave me along. She cuts a lot of hairs including my and rohan's, its her hobby which I usually found weird. Another hobby of her is to unexplainable brewing a cup of tea that she doesn't drink until its ice cold and throws it. Well its not easy for her to put away a shocks or close a kitchen cabinet but she tries for me. Sakshi grew up in delhi, did news anchoring and is very close to her mom and pragya her sister. Sakshi gives great presents like the trumpet she gifted last year which I am still trying to learn. She is a mother who plays, really plays, sometimes our neighbours think I have two kids. she never steps of playing or says its too much and it must be too much some of the times that I have to remind her to take rest. she is competitive. she is amazing in opening jars because of her strong arms which I always found difficult. she always keeps the fridge overfull, no one is ever hungry in our house. After being successful in news anchoring in delhi she could have easily got anchoring opportunities in Mumbai as well but she found it pretty awesome to work together in ETF. She is brave the only thing she said she feared of is a lizard or should I say a dead body of lizard. She is a great dancer, she makes me wish I could dance. My crazy ideas are her favourite things to figure out how to execute. Being from a Punjabi family she open heartedly embrace Maharashtrian culture , language and yeah food which doesn't matches her taste buds. The most wonderful gift she ever gave me was rohan. She is my favourite person.

                              Sakshi

what I love about arjun is, arjun is undoubted he never lets other people's opinion or any setback to stop him from doing anything he wants to do. Arjun eats like he is trying to get it over with and there won't be enough food for everyone but he is neat and I rely on him to keep things in order. He is energy conscious , hates wasting electricity that's why he turns it off every time I am reading a book. He doesn't look in the mirror too often. Although being a kinda super cop he cries easily in movies. he is very self-sufficient, he can cook himself dinner and other stuffs. He rarely gets defeated which I feel like I always do. Arjun takes all of my moods steadily, he doesn't give in or make me feel like bad about them. He has great dressing sense, he never looks embarrassing which is hard for a man. he is very competitive. he loves being a dad, He loves all the things we are supposed to hate as parents like the tantrums, the waking up in night ,It almost annoying how much he likes it but I know its mostly nice. He disappears into his own world like when he misses the station in metro whenever he is in delhi , off course Mumbai doesn't have metro and  I love debating which mostly is not healthy argument of delhi vs Mumbai. he and rohan are alike in all ways. he doesn't hesitate to tell people when they have food in their teeth or on face in the way that they don't feel bad. He is self made. His parents I only met them once but he told me there was lot of alcohol and some violence in his childhood. He moved from Nagpur to Mumbai with no safety net. And now he is more Mumbaikar than any other Mumbaikar. He is brilliant in creating family out of colleagues. With the ETF he cast a spell that made everyone feel included. He could remember all the inside jokes. He is extremely organise and thorough. he is very clear about what he wants unlike me who can't always tell. he is just a wonderful human being.

       Both arjun and sakshi were just staring at the words they wrote for each other but couldn't gathered courage to read it out loud.

"who wants to start?" the counselor asked leaning back in his armchair making arjun and sakshi uncomfortable.

"Am not gonna read this out loud" sakshi finally spoke breaking the silence, glancing through the page she was holding and then folded it. "why is this?" counselor asked for a reason for which she gave a lame one," because I don't like what I wrote." Arjun rolled his eyes down.

"As a marriage counselor, I feel to avoid your separation and ultimate divorce. It is necessary to began the session with a note of positive" to which arjun nodded in agreement. The counselor continued," for people I work with, to remember why they got married at first place and so that as you come apart, your reminded that this is the same person you had feelings for and maybe still do in many ways."

All along the conversation sakshi kept looking in emptiness, she felt by getting apart from arjun, holding her tears back with a blank face on the other hand arjun sating next to her was calm and composed responding to the counselor. their chairs were just five inches away but for the first time in ten years it felt like miles.

" I'll read mine I like what I wrote " arjun replied trying to make their visit successful. "for it to really work you both have to read" the counselor still tried to convince sakshi.

"I'm not going to" negatively shook her head.

"okay, It is sad that you guys aren't getting to hear the wonderful things you wrote for each other." 

Arjun said trying to handle it," she thinks I can't write good but I think my one's pretty good "

"maybe Mrs.rawate you change your mind once you hear ACP rawate's ".  Mrs.rawate, she usually loved being called that, but now it reminds her that this title doesn't belongs to her anymore. She didn't fall weak and remained clear," I don't want to hear arjun's " Arjun quickly snapped back," we promised to listen". sakshi was about to reply but the Counselor interrupted and  appreciated his efforts," that's right, it is most important step in this process." sakshi with quizzical reaction and opened mouth "well I think I'm gonna go while you two sit around and behave like newly married couple" in disbelief and she left the counselor's office leaving arjun quite dejected," she is not usually like this" tried to reasoned her behaviour. 
-----------------------------------------------------------
I was supposed to post this a long time ago but couldn't due to some health issues. I hope you guys enjoy reading it. Don't forget to vote.

                                              -meera