#18 Kiss Chase?

Kiss Chase?

“I don’t think she’s awake,” I heard my brother say, my eyes twitching open and adjusting to being awake again. I looked at the time and saw it was mid-morning. I wanted to close my eyes and sleep again, but I knew I should get up and do some school work.

“I really need to talk to her, it’s important,” I heard a guy say, I was still half asleep but my guess was that it was Chase.

“What’s so important you have to wake her?”

“It’s about what happened after the party,” he said and I knew Jase was going to question it- I had only told him I had a fight with my friends, but I knew he wanted details.

“What happened?”

“She hasn’t told you? Didn’t you see the state of her hands?” Chase asked and I knew I was screwed. I think Jase vaguely noticed the cuts but not much, and if he did he hadn’t asked.

“Was that you?” I heard Jase growl and something, sounding pretty strong and heavy, bang against the wall outside my room.

“She got angry, she smashed loads of bottles and cut her hands with the glass, she didn’t mean it,” I heard Chase growl and I could imagine him pushing Jase off of him.

“Talk to her,” was all I heard before my door was opened.

I didn’t know what to do, he was going to wake me up if I was asleep and I can’t pretend to be an extremely heavy sleeper.

“Sophie, wake up,” he said sitting on my bed. I slowly turned to him and sat up so we could talk easier. I shuffled along a bit for him to lie next to me, and he accepted my offer.

“What is it?”

“Are you okay?” he asked instead of answering my own question.

“Of course I’m okay, I’m Sophie Kay, I’m unstoppable and fearless, I’m…”