Back to Normal

{ Okay but does anyone else think Lord Death is kind of hot? Just me... K...}

" I don't know, Tsubaki... he went over there last night and he texted me this morning... but that's all I've heard..."

" Well at least you and Kid talked things out, right?"

" Yeah... we're okay now."

" That's great!" Tsubaki exclaimed from the other side of the phone. And Maka held it up to her ear as she walked to school alone, most likely to meet up with BlackStar and her at the bottom of the steps. " Do you think resonance practice will go easier, then?"

" I hope so." Maka said. " I'm close to the academy. I'll see you in a few."

" Okay."

She felt weirdly... neutral. It was a relief that she and Kid weren't having issues anymore, but now, she didn't know what to feel. There were so many worries that she had, mainly about the resonance link. She prayed that it would work and that she and Kid would stop holding it up.

" Hey Tsubaki, wanna bet I can do a quadruple front flip off of here?" BlackStar snorted.

" BlackStar, no! You'll hurt your-"

" YAHOO!"

Tsubaki cringed and Maka watched with a deadpan on her face as she arrived, seeing BlackStar jump off of one of the pillars on the staircase. He flipped a bunch of times, way more than four, and landed on his feet. Cackling, he flared his nostrils in a proud gesture.

" Told ya!"

Tsubaki looked white as a ghost from worry, and Maka wasn't impressed.

" Good morning." BlackStar told her. " It's a beautiful day to be as awesome as me, Maka. You should try it."

" As much as I'd love that, I think my head would explode." Maka remarked, passing him to say hi to Tsubaki. " Anyways, wanna head to class?"

" Actually, Maka, BlackStar was waiting for Soul." Tsubaki said, and it occurred to Maka that not waiting for them would've been rude.

" Oh... okay..." She said, and it didn't take long before the limo pulled up. Yes, limo. Kid was still a spoiled rich kid in some aspects, so it didn't surprise anyone when that happened. But the unusual part was when Soul stepped out of it as well.

" Morning!" BlackStar exclaimed, and Soul fistbumped him with a grin on his face.

" What's up, dude?"

Meanwhile, Liz and Patty, as well as Kid got out. Kid looked over to Maka, and as much as he felt awkward for those first few seconds, he didn't let it continue.

" Good morning." He told her, smiling. And Maka smiled as well, waving. She didn't let the hickeys on Kid's neck bother her when she saw them. That would've been going back on her word to Soul, and that was the last thing she'd ever want to do.

" How was your sleepover?" She asked, and Liz peered out from behind Kid when she heard those words. She was still a little skeptical about this whole 'let's bury the hatchet' thing, and wanted to make absolutely sure that Maka was being sincere. At least... it seemed like she was.

" Really good..." Kid said. " Did you and Blair enjoy the quiet night at home?" He really was trying to be polite and make conversation. After all... before this started, she and he had been friends.

" Yeah, we did." Maka replied. " We watched all the girly movies Soul doesn't like."

" Good night to do that." Soul chuckled once he heard that.